MotoGP » Smith ‘frustrated’ as MotoGP debut scuppered

Bradley Smith hopes the weather will improve - or worsen - to enable him to get some MotoGP laps on the Tech 3 Yamaha on Wednesday.

fax - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 2:22 AM

my bad i used it as a figure of speech, you are correct. given that he is now racing against the best of the best, and his results have taken a nosedive since joining moto2, would you not agree that there is a greater chance of him doing poorly than well?

fax - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 2:27 AM

and if you do disagree, please tell me a scenario in which a successful 125 rider who struggled in moto2 had success in the premier class.

Educationer - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 6:32 AM

@Fax / Facts

You are assuming the Mistral was on equal terms to the Suters, Kalexs and Speed ups etc, expert opinion
(that is the people in the paddock/team) seem to think it was the 4th best make of bike on the grid.
Tech3 stretched their tiny budget to develop the chasis (Guy Coulon having a big input AND spannering for teh MotoGP riders). This tiny team but a bike up against chassis experts.
The Kalex was the best but MM and his team were better.

Terminator - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 8:04 AM

How on earth did Bradley get the ride instead of Espargaro?
Bradley was nowhere in Moto2 this year, no podiums and no hint of even fighting for a podium. Espargaro meanwhile obliterated the field in nearly every quali in the 2nd half of the season (Marquez included), also took 4 race wins (deserved 1 or 2 more, but was unlucky), and in many races was the only person who could keep up with Marquez.
I am sorry, but this kind of bias confounds me.

dutton - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 8:33 AM

Some utter utter idiotic gob sh*tes in this site.... It just gets worse.

As one or two sensible people with an IQ more than 5 have posted, the mistrial is not a Kalex/Suter, a more fair comparison would be to consider Bradley's team mates results.

Obviously Herve Poeral is a complete idiot too, he just has no idea, he should have seeked out you guys on here for a far more in depth and accurate review of Bradley's character/skills as you all know more than the bloke who has employed/worked with him for two years....

Dr Hook - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 10:48 AM

Well I have just google humble pie in case I have to make it but something tells me that I won't need it.

This years dual success of Tech 3 is over, Cal will do well but this lad will be another Karl and at best be fighting the CRT bikes.

But if I'm wrong I'll smile when I come on here and say I was wrong.

Btw, his personality sucks big time but at least his not Spanish so that alone is a plus for motogp

fax - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 1:24 PM

So what you're saying is there WEREN'T any riders who choked in moto2/250cc and went on to succeed in the premier class. I appreciate the fact that his chassis was sub-par, however he was able to get 3 podiums with it 2011 and none in 2012, maybe I'm wrong but I thought you were supposed to get better as time went on. Continuing on this current trend in performance, its not looking good for him, that's my point.

« 1 2