MotoGP » Marc Marquez on the pace in first MotoGP test

"I gradually gained confidence on each exit and got faster and faster on every run" - Marc Marquez.

JS99 - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 8:26 PM

I think he will be a regular front runner next year mixing it up but there will be no title fight from him as I think he will throw at the scenery a lot during first half of the season before coming of age in the second half he was the same on a 125 and on the moto2 one thing you can't doubt is the speed of this kid but the pressure he must be feeling knowing everyone is expecting him to deliver must be hard for someone of his age.
I think Honda have found there new golden boy anyway

tomcol - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 8:34 PM

Suspect Marquez will destroy some big reputations next year. Reminds me of when Spencer exploded onto the scene. Im not a big fan of Marquez but reckon hes very special indeed. Lets wit and see.

Oh oh 46 - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 8:50 PM

Another fearless Spaniard to send Rossi into retirement once and for all. Marquez, Lorenzo and Pedrosa (if he can stand the pressure) will make Rossi's social security years kind of difficult.

Too bad Stoner left.

rogerio.alves@gmail.com - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 9:40 PM

He will probably be on the pace for podiums and even victories for 2013, but his debut was only OK. Being 1 sec far from the top is no fantastic achievement even if it is your first day. In Marquez's case, at least, it is not because everyone knows he is extremely talented. I am not saying he did badly. No, not in the least, but he didn't set the world alight at first glance.

Again, I am not saying he won' cut in the big class - he probably will, but - still - it is not a given fact. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get within a few tenths by the next 2 or 3 days of testing, though. If, however, the distance remains at 1 sec or so, I would say - right away - he won't be a contender for wins during (the first part of) 2013.

rogerio.alves@gmail.com - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 9:41 PM

Again, I am not saying he won' cut in the big class - he probably will, but - still - it is not a given fact. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get within a few tenths by the next 2 or 3 days of testing, though. If, however, the distance remains at 1 sec or so, I would say - right away - he won't be a contender for wins during (the first part2013.

Race Fan - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 10:01 PM

@rogerio.alves
He was within 2 seconds of Pedrosa by lap 6, to me this is setting the world alight on a bike that he has never ridden before and didn't know how much power or the delivery it had, all on tyres he had never ridden on or carbon brakes that he had never used before. Everything is different to a moto 2 bike as the corner speed is not as important as they lift the bike up to get the power on sooner, don't forget even his braking markers would be different and a slightly different racing line. #legendinthemaking

Blackdog Barking - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 10:03 PM

I guess we have another contender for the Rossi fans to heap their vitriol on!!

In the Vitriol Stakes the leading contenders are

1) Lorenso (he cant develop a bike)

2) Pedrosa Seems to have come along in leaps this year

3) Marquez either be the new villian or the new pinup boy I think we are in for an interesting year....

I hope the racing takes precedence .......

NathanOlder - Unregistered

November 14, 2012 10:15 PM

For me Marquez will lose his biggest advantage of being alot lighter. Im the GP class it only helps alot at the start! So many times we saw him have large gains out of slow corners on a 600. The 1000 in the top class wont be so great for him. Without a doubt he is a talent, but I dont think he will set the world on fire. For me, he will be battling for podiums with the likes of Cal, Dovi, Bradl, Alvaro ect.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »