MotoGP » Preziosi replaced in Ducati shake-up

Filippo Preziosi replaced as general manager of Ducati Corse by Bernhard Gobmeier, Paolo Ciabatti returns

CRT - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 7:03 PM

@ They persisted with characteristics which VR and JB told them needed changing. Any Team which hires top-level personnel and then ignores them is wasting their investment.
Posted by Tetley

And you still have no proof they ignored them, all the while I have countless updates and "smiles" from Rossi to prove otherwise.

You are hanging onto a belief that Rossi and JB are infallible.

CRT - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 7:05 PM

@ Actually, Duc has had some of its best sales numbers while having Rossi.
Posted by Marc

Which has nothing to do with Rossi. It has to do with the fact the interest rates on the machines dropped to affordable levels along the lines of thier Japanese competitors.

Marc - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 7:08 PM

Baz good points. I don't think they'll change the engine configuration totally at this point because of the current investment but as you noted they'll make it more flexible to be adjusted in the frame. Maybe if they get considerably worse next year they'll develop a new approach for 2014.

Niall - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 7:20 PM

@PR Nightmare?

CRT - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 7:37 PM

@ Seriously doubt the past two years have had any negative impact whatsoever to Ducati's sales. I'll ask Martin (Ducati Glasgow) next time I see him.

Posted by Niall

The sales dollars have had nothing to do with Rossi. I've already stated the reason why, which you have clearly chosen to ignore.

Can you tell me where I can buy that Pinagali Rossi edition at again?

Marc - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 7:37 PM

I agree Niall in terms of CRT comments I think he smoking something good. He's fantasizing that Ducati is failing because of Rossi but actually they've had record sales at least here in the states. Maybe Ducati has taken a hit in the GP paddock for not producing a bike that Rossi can be competitive on. And as one other fellow noted Rossi/JB and Ducati have actually improved ever since Rossi joined the problem is that Ducati hasn't gained on Yamaha and Honda's improvement pace. (I'm the original Marc but agree with lots of what the other Marc noted earlier in this thread)

Marc - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 7:41 PM

Preziosi should have been replaced after 2011 along with much of the engineering and management team for failing to make a better bike since 2007 whether you love or hate Rossi or Stoner.

CRT - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 7:42 PM

@ Marc,

It is you who is smoking something good. I never said Ducati was failing, ever. You can keep trying to make stuff up to support your argument, but you're failing, miserably.

So now we are saying Ducati has improved? Really? How so? Rossi already stated, through his two years of developmental genius, that the inherent problem with the Ducati is the same as it was when he first rode the bike.

As others predicted two years ago (I wasn't one of them becuase I thought Rossi would be able to ride the Ducati), If Ducati succeeded Rossi would be a god and if he failed it would be Ducati's fault.

Way to live up to the stereo type.

Niall - Unregistered

November 20, 2012 7:43 PM

@CRT

Chosen to ignore? Dude, where did I say Ducati's sales were positively impacted by Rossi? Simply stated their sales are highly unlikely to have been negatively impacted him. Not the same.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »