MotoGP » Casey Stoner: Six of the best

Neil Morrison picks six of Casey Stoner's best MotoGP races - which of Stoner's performances do you rate the highest?

Homer - Unregistered

November 25, 2012 9:40 PM

@Anarki
I luaghed so much when I read yor post that I fell to the floor. Surely your post was some take on black humour and really dont think that no rider shoudl be compared to Rossi because they havent been racing as long or done what Rossi has done.

Do your homework and Rossi performance has dropped slowely down to a complete non performance for over two season but you say no rider can be compared to Rossi.

Fact is if Rossi didnt bring moeny to a team he would not have a ride, thats how good he is now, buying his ride in Motogp, now thats a shame.

2010 he should have retired as a champ, now it will be as a chump

Anarki - Unregistered

November 26, 2012 1:51 PM

@Homer
Well, you didn't laugh to my post, you laughed because what is in your head. There is actually one rider that you can compare to Rossi (not Rossi himself, i'm talking about results), that is Agostini or whatever his name is. Only two man stands at the summit of sport, Agostini and Rossi with what they won. And that's it, however you see the situation and you can think whatever you want. To compare two or more sportsman or sport teams, you can only compare their results, nothing more.
So, just because you think something that doesn't make it truth.

Bugs - Unregistered

November 27, 2012 3:53 AM

@Dr GP.

"just wanted to pick up on your comment about how many parts Rossi received for the Ducati. The bashers really like to oversimplify things. There is no evidence at all (based on Rossi or the other Dcuati riders' results) that any of the parts actually led to significant enough improvements to the bike. There is no way Rossi can be totally to blame for that"

Dr GP, If the so called greatest bike developer in the history of the world was receiving parts and/or modifications to his bike that he asked for, then he can be totally blamed.

Hemmy - Unregistered

November 27, 2012 10:27 AM

Is this still going? Lol!

Look, Rossi WAS the 'best' before 2006 when he was beating the likes of Biaggi and Gibernau.

Stoner then took over his crown and 'WAS' the 'best' after 2006 when he beat the likes of Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Rossi.

Lorenzo is now very close to taking that crown now, and then im sure Marquez might very well be the next in line.

Times move on, talent fades, and is replaced by new talent, with new riders that raise the bar. It happens in Sport, and its called progression. The bikes get better, and so do the riders.

just_someone - Unregistered

November 29, 2012 6:37 AM

Wow. Some of the posts in here...its amazingly..."entertaining". It's just all the usual stuff, but entertaining nonetheless.
Just get on your bike and ride, race, enjoy.
Neither Rossi nor Stoner cares about what everyone here is bantering with each other about.
Personally, I like Valentino Rossi. I grew up with him and the awesome races, "the specials". Me, my late dad, my mom, all screaming and gasping at the TV, and I am lucky to have been to several GPs around the world...still gasping and screaming (and still remembering my late dad saying "they are totally crazy!") I like the Daijiro Katos', the Norifumi Abes', the Noriyuki Hagas', the Garry McCoys', the Simoncellis', the Michael Rutters', the John McGuiness', the Guy Martins', the Dunlops'. They're all insanely good! Yes, even the Stoner is good. But, this certain Casey Stoner, just simply...not likeable. On one trip, I found it amusing that the sentiment of this particular person being "not likeable" is shared even half a wo

just_someone - Unregistered

November 29, 2012 6:37 AM

Just get on your bike and ride, race, enjoy.

Desy - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 1:56 PM

who gives up motogp racing with 2 world championships to go fishing? I used to think you had the same metal as MICK. But sadly I was very, very, very wrong. FAGGOT

Desy - Unregistered