MotoGP » Moto3: Granado gets first Aspar laps

"I like the Kalex Moto3 chassis a lot. It is a very agile bike and in some ways reminds me of the 125" - Eric Granado.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

JC Racing - Unregistered

December 05, 2012 1:39 PM

He finished 5th in the Spanish championship in 2011. As a comparison, Romano Fenati finished 7th in the same year and the top three were the Repsol guys, so he should be ok once he finds his speed again in the smaller class.

tucker - Unregistered

December 05, 2012 3:25 PM

JC-

Fenati may have finished 7th in 2011 in the CEV but he only competed in 4 of the 7 races. Thought we'd get the record straight on that one. This ride really should of been Kevin Calia's. He put it on the podium at the CEV in his first ride for Aspar.

SAM - Unregistered

December 05, 2012 3:29 PM

@JC Racing

I think you'll find that Fenati didn't compete in the last 3 races of the series, so finishing 7th with only 4 of 7 starts has no real meaning of what you say.

Granado like so many riders are paying hefty price tags for their rides, like 3 to 400,000 euros per season so they are really racing without merit.

Brazilian Real is doing his talking.

JC Racing - Unregistered

December 05, 2012 4:18 PM

I was looking more carefully at the results and Granado was the only one to score points in all the races. I couldn't tell who participated in the races or who crashed out/had a mechanical failure. In his first year of roadracing, in Brazil, my kids used to beat him. It was my daughter's second year and my youngest son's first racing 125cc four stroke hondas in the National championship. Hope he does well.

SAM - Unregistered

December 05, 2012 5:47 PM

Ana Carrasco joins JHK Laglisse Team in Moto3

This ride cost her dad 400,000 euros. That's 22,000 per GP for a Moto3.

I guess that's bit better than the 250,00 teams are taking for the 7 race series in the CEV. That figure comes with 2 tests including the 7 events for a whopping 27,000 per weekend

mt - Unregistered

December 05, 2012 7:47 PM

If you can get world championship rides without any good results, why bother racing anything at until you are 16? I mean you may as well save your pennies and just buy a world gp ride once you turn 16.