MotoGP » Vermeulen linked with Ioda MotoGP ride

"I want to race again and get another chance" - Chris Vermeulen.

Nate Doggius - Unregistered

December 06, 2012 8:43 PM

Of the current riders in motogp, the only riders to have some a race since 2006 are Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedeosa, Hayden, i think Spies in 2011... Did Dovi win one? And that's it.
Oh yeah, Vermulan too has a win. That's some pretty August company, you may find that Vermulan is better than you remember.
Wait for a wet race and he'll almost certainly start embarrassing some full gp bikes.

westside - Unregistered

December 06, 2012 9:30 PM

Remember the days when guys just wanted to jump on a race bike and ride it as hard as they could? Winning and money came AFTER you put in the hard work on the track.

CV has a huge amount of talent and if he has a genuine desire to ride hard, it will come together for him again.

billywiz - Unregistered

December 06, 2012 11:18 PM

I hope the lad gets a ride, hes had a bit of bad luck and he is very capable. Not sure at his age if he can afford to hang around and wait for Dorna to get CRT right, it could be a long wait.
I would prefer to him back in WSBK where he would have a chance to shine again.
Great bloke I hope it works out for him.

billywiz - Unregistered

December 06, 2012 11:21 PM

"After the debacle at PBM Kawasaki, if I was his future team manager, I would demand a full, independent and comprehensive medical before I put pen to paper."
$h1t its a good job no one ever gave Barry Sheen a medical he would have failed physical as well as mental

Vilas

December 06, 2012 11:35 PM

CV was a big promiss im Wsbk, When kawasaki get this guy i was really happt because i consider im a good rider but what a desapoint waching him injure all year!! Thats why i talck about riders use the brain and wach very well what they are doing, trying like a crasy is never an excuse and you can get hurt relly bad and the result can be the end of the carear that is very saddly but riders have to have this in mind!! When he come to Kawa he was the top rider not Tom but Tom end up proving to be inteligente and fast and was allways Focus on what he was doing he new the Kawa was a dangerus bike , we know that mistakes can allways happen but if some riders can be fast and dont crash this only tell that some of then are not trying to die to go fast but just worcking right... I wish him luck off corse, i like CV but i aim with the feeling of other guys, IODA is not a good Team , i think CV whant to race not crusing around he will get desmotivated with this..

jasonlewis - Unregistered

December 07, 2012 1:15 AM

@ um
lol...I think you might be right

I always liked CV, hope he surprises some people. For sure he is amazing in the wet. Good luck in 2013 Chris, stay healthy and have fun again

Makrus - Unregistered

December 07, 2012 2:17 AM

Everyone keeps hanging crap on the CRT's saying it purgatory well you could say that about all but four bikes on the grid.
Last time a satellite won a race 2006 (elias was lucky to win that)
Last time a Ducati won a race 2010
So unless your on a factory Honda/Yamaha it's all purgatory.
Don't get me wrong I'm not a CRT fan, I would rather 12 full factory supported bikes on the grid then have 20+ with over three quarters of the grid with no hope of ever winning (just seems stupid to me).

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »