MotoGP » Schumacher, McGuinness, Mamola in all-star track day

ā€œI mentally pinched myself as I followed out Randy Mamola, Michael Schumacher and a true gladiator in John McGuinness. That Espargaro kid is a bit of a handful too isn't he?ā€ ā€“ Keith Flint.

f1fan - Unregistered

December 10, 2012 2:32 PM

as fast is vettel, hamilton and the likes are in f1, they wouldnt compare given these circumstances.shumi is a great ambassador for all types of motorsport

fannatic - Unregistered

December 10, 2012 3:14 PM

What a meeting. So great to see legends get equal recognition.
Not to mention a great up and comer in espergaro (and a personal favorite of mine musically with flint)

Liam48

December 10, 2012 4:54 PM

I never liked Schumacher in his first career but I became a small fan in his second career.

I think it's brilliant that he's complimenting the likes of John McGuinness who isn't a global superstar like Schumacher and realizing Espargaros talent.

I admire Schumacher now for reasons such as this.

slow joe - Unregistered

December 10, 2012 7:19 PM

Love to know how well Keith Flint did against some of these lot as i av been on a few track days when he was there. bin at cadwell when McGuinness was there sh*t he tranced me lol

LC - Unregistered

December 10, 2012 10:44 PM

Newsflash to Gen Y racers. Whilst you think its cool to wear a flat peak cap and have it on sideways, everyone else thinks you look like a muppet.

Marc - Unregistered

December 11, 2012 9:51 PM

Props to Michael and Randy but my guess would be that Espargaro was the fastest out of that bunch with John or Randy in second. But yes placement isn't the objective of a track-day.