MotoGP » You mark MotoGP 5.6 out of 10 for entertainment

French MotoGP voted most entertaining race of 2012

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Nick - Unregistered

December 13, 2012 10:05 AM

MotoGP is as dull as dishwater unless the tracks wet! I'm seriously bored seeing the same couple of guys miles ahead of everyone else.

Lets hope next season the likes of Crutchlow and Marquez get in the mix frequently. Would be great to see some more faces up there regularly rather than Lorenzo and Mr Boring (aka Pedrosa)....

andrew2k

December 13, 2012 10:12 AM

@rhino

I do believe Dorna wants to close the gap, but the questions to be are:

a)how can you close the gap while still making it cost-effective for CRT's to compete

b)how can you close the gap without blurring the line between CRT's and prototypes(one of Stoner's complaint about the direction of Motogp)

Alot of people seem to forget that the only reason why the CRT catagory exist stem from the exit of apirila,suzuki and kawasaki for economic reasons.

amakusa

December 13, 2012 10:40 AM

Why quote Ecclestone and not Ezpeleta?

F1 is different from motoGP. Even the way its raced is different, F1 is raced on 4 wheels and motoGP is raced on 2 wheels. With 2 wheels less its already a spectacle, isnt it?

Back to topic, its been quite a good year to watch motoGP if ure not supporting just a single rider. But camera needs to focus more on the mid pack, thsts where thr battles mostly are.

Taz

December 13, 2012 10:44 AM

I could count on one had the races I didn't end up skipping forward 3-5 minutes and fast forwarding to see if anything happened. Moto2 and Moto3 had me hooked on the other hand.

Something far far wrong with MotoGP.

Grendlehop

December 13, 2012 10:48 AM

I watch on the official website. Wish they'd come up with a format with picture-in-picture coverage so we can watch more than one battle, or semi-battle at the same given time. Maybe I should use the term "overtake".

Makrus - Unregistered

December 13, 2012 10:59 AM

Where I come from I only get motogp televised. All I can say is thank you moto2&3 for giving me some entertainment. I love motorcycle racing and the lesser classes had me up and about quite a few times this year.
For the record I enjoyed Brno more tha le mans. I prefer multiple overtakes a race just as much as the next guy but the climax of that race was much more entertaining than watching a battle for second.

TheKingOfHB - Unregistered

December 13, 2012 11:08 AM

I never thought I would say this, but this past 2 seasons I've looked forward to the F1 races more than the MotoGP races because they have been more entertaining. MotoGP is bad right now!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »