MotoGP » You mark MotoGP 5.6 out of 10 for entertainment

French MotoGP voted most entertaining race of 2012

CRT - Unregistered

December 13, 2012 2:38 PM

@Kimey

The problem is the electronics in the sport. The fuel restriction and the spec tires kill the competition. The factories won't sell the bikes anymore because the proprietary info in the bikes themselves.

The teams are forced to build a bike that suits a specific tire only, then figure out how to get the most power out of a few drops of fuel all the while doing it with a handful of engines. This is not a formula to reduce costs. The teams with the bigger budgets get innovative and make it work. The lesser teams are there to pick up the scraps and fall down the order. Look what it did to Ducati, Suzuki and Kawasaki.

If they want to bring the CRT's closer, remove the engine restrictions all together and open up other tire companies for them. This may attract sponsors like Red Bull if they know they have a shot of getting some air time. Give the CRT's a fighting chance with a machine, since the CRT outfits will never be able to afford the likes of Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa

CRT - Unregistered

December 13, 2012 2:42 PM

If you restrict the GP bikes too much, you have the WSBK machines circulating faster than a "prototype". That would kind of defeat the purpose of the series.

I hope WSBK get's restricted, which in turn will allow GP to reduce the stupidity of spending while still hold the reigns of being the fastest bikes on the planet.

IMO it doesn't matter the amount of restrictions or how much the bikes slow down, The pecking order will still be the same. What needs to be removed is the knowledge that unless you have a Honda or Yamaha you are not going to win.

Neslte - Unregistered

December 13, 2012 3:00 PM

The only reason I watch motoGP is because I know the riders, otherwise who would bother watching? I live in a very remote area and I only get the motoGP race and F1 race but I've switched to F1 only and it way better. I just use crash to see the race results.. In other words, motogp sucks.

Cabeto from Angola - Unregistered

December 13, 2012 5:01 PM

I think 5.6 is too much giving the level of spetacul and entertainment, it should way less than that.
There was no excitment at all, Moto2 was WAY BETTER. I am not even a SBK fan but that show made me stay at homon sundays. I never thought I would ever say that lol, so funny.

Dorna / Espeleta need to do some and urgently in order to put MotoGP back were it use to be and ppl realy lookied at it as the pinacle of motorcicle racing.
I remember the years not long ago when there were at least 5 bike fight for the victory on the last lap. Germany 2005 Mugello 2005

i admit it - Unregistered

December 13, 2012 5:30 PM

i hate to admit it but for the first time in many years of watching the grands prix, i fell asleep watching a race. i will always remember Motegi 2012 as my first time.

dave - Unregistered

December 13, 2012 6:41 PM

MotoGp in 2012 was boring. However, Moto2 & Moto3 were anything but boring, seems to be an inverse relationship between engine size and entertainment.

muchosuko - Unregistered

December 13, 2012 6:46 PM

Dorna, cornered by Honda, went 4-stroke. And look where it all went. Any idiot who has compared even a 2-stroke cylinder head (a lid!) to a 4-stroke one with pneumatic valves and so on would appreciate which is more expensive. So, because Honda has Dorna in their pocket, this is the state-of-affairs. Moto2 you say? Sure, who is the SOLE engine supplier?

Get it? MotoGP needs factory teams. Not CRT or ****e.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »