MotoGP » MotoGP Rider of the Year vote: 3rd

You vote Casey Stoner 3rd in Crash.net's MotoGP Rider of the Year poll

Filter Comments: All | Registered

STX - Unregistered

December 30, 2012 7:28 AM

Giacomo Agostini: Rossi “is a
sensitive rider, and he needs to
have the optimal feeling with
the bike to win. Stoner, however,
is a more aggressive and raw
rider, without any half-
measures. At Ducati, he was
either fast or he crashed.”

Codger

December 30, 2012 9:08 AM

Re my previous post. I'm sorry guys it seems you took me a little too literally. I purposely didn't use riders names to avoid controversy. Also when I said two #1 riders I was signifying two top riders (you can't have two #1s by definition). I am dead against team orders and some time ago I posted that I was worried that Honda would have to bring them in. I'm so glad they didn't although Casey's injury moved the goal posts.
If Rossi proves that he can still compete at the top level then Yamaha have the problem and if Marques lives up to his potential then Honda have too.

Cont.

Codger

December 30, 2012 9:13 AM

As regards Lorenzo. Jorge did everything right, he rode faultlessly all year and did what was needed to win the Title.
The point that I made so badly was that, for the manufacturer, it is dangerous to have two Aliens in one team. Maybe the Manufacturers Title is more important to them than the riders, but they didn't look too happy about it on the TV screen.

Codger

December 30, 2012 9:17 AM

@ WSBK fan....I wonder which way round Ago meant that? Mike the Bike could ride, and win, on 3 different capacity bikes in one day. He could also win on a bike that he borrowed for the race, practice and win!!

AussieNSW

December 30, 2012 9:40 AM

@Codger
I know you have been following GP as long as me and "samas" even a bit longer so you have to understand that most of the guys on here dont understand the class of Mike the Bike, guys like you and me know there will never be a rider even close to him,people come on this site and talk about rossi,stoner,JLO,Pedro etc.please dont mention them in the same sentence as THE Greatest.

truth - Unregistered

December 30, 2012 9:46 AM

Casey will haunt Rossi and his followers for a very long, long time

I think Stoner and his worshipers will always be jealous of Rossi just because he will never be the legend what Rossi is despite his wins. Rossi has charisma and talent and people love him for that. Stoner has talent and seems to throw a fit at any given chance. I'll give it to stoner he is a great rider, but Legend? never. Look at Biaggi great rider but epic douchebag that's how Stoner makes himself seen.

FAN'S MAKE YOU LEGEND NOT YOUR TALENT ALONE.

AussieNSW

December 30, 2012 9:47 AM

@KC who
Could you please enlighten me on who is KC I follow GP racing and I dont know any rider with the initials KC,are you sure you follow GP racing,or is that one of your school friends name.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  »