MotoGP » MotoGP Rider of the Year vote: 3rd

You vote Casey Stoner 3rd in Crash.net's MotoGP Rider of the Year poll

Codger

December 29, 2012 4:46 PM

I don't know how these polls work as I've never entered them. On the forum people are allowed to post under a million different names...are they allowed to do this when voting?
Honest question because there appears to be a couple of major anomalies in the results.

Casey in 3rd seems about right though.

73MACH3

December 29, 2012 4:53 PM

someone posted a commit about fan boys having a favorite rider in motogp. as long as i have been following all sorts of racing i have always had a favorite that i wanted to win and when you got with your buddies you gave each other ****. this all seem normal to me. you have been around awhile codger what do you say?

LCtanner

December 29, 2012 5:24 PM

I think 3/10 for casey is a little unfair, i would of given him
10/10 for entertainment
10/10 for his unhealthy preoccupation with himself
10/10 for petulant behaviour on and off the track
10/10 for thinking the marshalls at jerez would actually help bump start his honda while getting rossis autograph
10/10 for thinking anyone would care whether he retired or not
10/10 for convincing his fans that he was the real deal
10/10 for allowing his fans to think rossi fans will be haunted by casey for a very long long time.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

December 29, 2012 5:36 PM

Hey LC,you forgot,
10/10 for making Rossi look like a Sunday track day rider on the Ducati.And,
10/10 for keeping Rossi out of the top 10 in a Crash poll!
Not even the blindest fan girls could prevent that!
Priceless.

Codger

December 29, 2012 5:40 PM

@ 73MACH3....nothing wrong with it in my view either. It gets a bit vicious at times though.

I have a long term favourite or two myself, and at the start of each season I follow an extra one who I think deserves to do well. Last year it was Dovi, probably this year too.

Makrus - Unregistered

December 29, 2012 5:46 PM

Yeah it's normal to have a favourite, but to resort to making it a good versus evil slag off just seems stupid to me. Above all else I'm a fan of racing, I never miss a race. When at the track I buy merchandise of all riders, even though at heart im a slighlty more a honda fan and sure I'm an Aussie, and I like seeing casey do well, probably just a little more than the rest. But to me this isn't a soccer/football match. Ill be cheering no matter who's battling up the front. Rossi has made some of the best overtaking moves I have ever seen, just because Im slightly more bias to stoner doesn't mean I hate on rossi. Hell at laguna08 I wasn't disappointed with the outcome, I was glad I saw one of the great races.
Well done casey
Bring on april

borat - Unregistered

December 29, 2012 6:22 PM

Love all the World Champion Jorge Lorenzo bashing, it gives me a right old belly laugh, I can tell you.
I think 3rd for Casey is about right, the guy will be sorely missed that's for sure, someone who can entertain without donning a clown outfit has to be good for the class.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »