MotoGP » MotoGP Rider of the Year vote: 2nd

You vote Jorge Lorenzo 2nd in Crash.net's MotoGP Rider of the Year poll

M1M - Unregistered

December 30, 2012 12:11 PM

As this poll isn't meant to simply mirror the championship standings, I don't have a problem with Pedrosa being above Lorenzo although I would've ranked them the other way round due to the latter's consistency. He clearly antagonised some people at Sepang, but had it been one of the HRC riders with a championship lead to defend instead, they'd probably have done the same. Many seem to think Pedrosa deserved to win the championship as he's upped his game and addressed former weaknesses. He was chasing while Lorenzo had to defend, however, and in the end, consistency won. The RCV has also improved in areas where the M1 used to have an advantage, such as corner entry, while retaining its traditional strengths. With hard charging team mates to beat in both camps next year, the fight between Lorenzo and Pedrosa should be good so long as their bikes remain more or less on a par. Yamaha have to improve corner exit but also eliminate the reliability issues which afflicted Spies but luckily for

M1M - Unregistered

December 30, 2012 12:15 PM

contd. ....but luckily for Yamaha, not Lorenzo - only 5 engines in 2013. With hard charging team mates to beat in both camps, the battle between these two should close. I don't care who wins next year, only that the racing is entertaining.

spot on! - Unregistered

December 30, 2012 12:30 PM

@ Desmo Dave

Have to say that in all my years of reading both printed media and on the net, I've never before seen Rossi's career summed up both so briefly and yet so accurately.

Well done sir!

Oh, and yet given the sheer narrow-mindedness of the Rossi faithful, I still wouldn't rule out seeing him come up tomorrow as number 1.

Thing-a-Me-Bob - Unregistered

December 30, 2012 1:02 PM

I can't get my head around this Rossi obsession displayed on these boards - followed closely by the Stoner obsession.

Who will you sheeple worship/hate when they're both gone?

They are motorcycle racers - end of....with their strengths and weaknesses.

It does not necessitate that they are the centre of every thread FFS.

Well done to all those that stay on topic.

For me...happy for Pedelo...never my favourite but impressed by his progress this season ( and distressed by some of his truely unfortunate luck ).

Makrus - Unregistered

December 30, 2012 1:02 PM

WHAT??? Nothing against dani hell it was his best year but how could you go past this guy for rider of the year?when his bike was strong he didn't put a foot wrong, then, once the Honda started to dominate he put the bike in the best position he could achieve and all that was enough to win the championship. Like I've said before I'm a fan of all riders and manufacturers, while favouring stoner and Honda slightly, but IMO this guy was on all year compared to dani who took a little while to warm up. I guess you could give dani that little extra because he came out on top in Brno but for the whole year IMO Jorge should have been number one.

Busa Boy. - Unregistered

December 30, 2012 1:06 PM

I dont agree with this one personally but there you go.He may not have one this Crash poll but he still has his name carved on the World Championship trophy.
He was outstandingly consistant throughout the season and totally deserved his second title.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »