MotoGP » MotoGP Rider of the Year vote: 2nd

You vote Jorge Lorenzo 2nd in Crash.net's MotoGP Rider of the Year poll

Filter Comments: All | Registered

M1M - Unregistered

December 31, 2012 5:25 AM

"I think one reason Dani finished ahead of him (Lorenzo) in this pole is that Rossi fans can't bear the thought of a rider having a great season or performance on their own merits. It's always something else, better bike, more top speed...(etc)."

As Rossi isn't even in the top 10, either there aren't the hordes of his fans on here that some people like to imagine they are arguing against, or else they are much more objective than people think. It's got to the ridiculous point that when Marquez's on track behaviour is criticised, it's supposedly all down to 'Rossi fans who are afraid he's going to beat their hero'. When Rossi's retired, whose fans are going to be blamed then?

bikenut

December 31, 2012 7:14 AM

@M1M "They'd have to run races twice, swapping bikes to give a definitive answer to who is best," think you are missing the point, its not a series thats only about the riders, its mainly a competition between the factorys, well it used to be before Dorna.....

I don't get it. - Unregistered

December 31, 2012 7:26 AM

I know this isn't relevant to the thread but I have a question and I would like it answered.

What I don't get is Rossi and a lot of others say HE developed the Yamaha and made it what it was in 2004 what I don't get is they start developing next years bike earlier in the year and Rossi wasn't allowed to get on the yamaha untill the testing in 04, in 03 the Yamaha was around a second of the pace and they would have you believe their developing powers made that ground in 3 months?? Move to now the Ducati has been around a second off since vale jumped on it, now why after two years is it still a round a second off?
I'm not baiting this is a serious question that I for some reason to me it all doesn't add up. I'm reading some of his biographies also I'm left with to many questions.

dacron

December 31, 2012 8:53 AM

@i don't get it.
Koichi Tsuji had already made a bunch of new engine modifications to some engins to increase engine power delivery before vale and co rocked up at yam , all vale had to do was pick the one he liked best.
vales sponsor dollars did a lot to help yamaha pump out new developments fast and often during his time at yamaha.
the stories of vale and jb turning the yam into a winner single handedly is just that....stories.

Desmo Dave - Unregistered

December 31, 2012 9:54 AM

@desmo Dave the clown.

You said, and I quote
'you're an utter muppet and just proof you have no clue what you're talking about and just hate rossi'

You then also went on to say, and again, I quote,
' Barros developed the Yamaha? LOL. Barros never even rode a Yamaha, not in recent history (2000s) at least.'

You also then said

'firstly rossi was on a satellite NSR. a satellite team with limited funds.'

Firstly, Rossi was on a full factory NSR in 2000 he also demanded Jerry Burgess be his crew chief, read VR books if your unsure on that one, in 2001 he was again on factory equipment, he was also the first person to be given the new hand grenade spec NSR motors and was number 1 on the tyre list, and used them to good effect.

Your now Feeling a bit of a prat, non?

Also wiki lends another hand for you, if you can read that is!

'In 2003, M1 riders were Checa, Alex Barros, Olivier Jacque, Marco Melandri, Shinya Nakano and Norifumi Abe'

So in 2003 he didn't ride for galouises Yamah

anon - Unregistered

December 31, 2012 1:59 PM

Does this mean Pedrosa is 1st? Although he had a relatively slow start to the season his dominant performances towards the end of the season (I think he had 5 wins in 6 races at one point) make him a worthy 1st.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8