MotoGP » MotoGP Rider of the Year vote: 1st

You vote Dani Pedrosa 1st in Crash.net's MotoGP Rider of the Year poll

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Denis - Unregistered

December 31, 2012 11:34 AM

Dani is a good rider but no one deserves to be on the best bike Honda can produce and not win the championship in seven years. The amount of money Honda poured into giving Pedrosa what he wanted and only getting on average three wins per year is inconceivable for anyone to imagine. Honda sold out to Repsol big time.

cockroach

December 31, 2012 12:27 PM

@Denis, I aagree with you, Seven years on the factory Honda with no WC, he should have at least had one, I think it is fair to say that Stoner on that bike for seven years! well I think we can all guess the result of that?

TalentFan

December 31, 2012 1:28 PM

FWIW, my opinion on DP lack of a WC certainly does NOT mean he's not deserved to be there. Look at how competitive DP has ALWAYS been every year.

I never was a fan of the lad - he used to be so dour and looked like he hated to be there (tho I can understand the pressure, and Puig ain't exactly a fun guy is he?). As he's matured though he seems to have come to terms with things and also a decent individual and a sportsman.

ANY team would look at DP's scorecard and want him on their bike. If HRC's bikes start 2013 like they finished 2012, then DP has to have his best chance of a WC next season.

RideIan - Unregistered

December 31, 2012 4:18 PM

The most miserable rider in the paddock wins? What does that say about the state of motogp as a spectacle? He's obvioulsy a great rider but a very surprising result nevertheless.

old *art - Unregistered

December 31, 2012 4:25 PM

@ shakennstirred
mate, is it such a big problem to all of you, fans of the world's second best Repsol rider, to accept other people's opinion?
I believe I have the right to express my opinion, as a MotoGP(and 500, 250, 125 in the older days) fan for 30 years,don't I? Unless only followers allowed...javascript:insertTextCursor('comment', ':?')
Happy New Year