MotoGP » MotoGP Rider of the Year vote: Full Results

Your full results for the 2012 Crash.net MotoGP Rider of the Year vote.

bikenut

January 04, 2013 12:01 PM

@Samas it's kind of a kid thing, hopefully the penny will drop as he gets older and has kids of his own, think its more of a problem with first children if mine are anything to go by......

73MACH3

January 04, 2013 2:11 AM

SAMAS/CODGER/TIT also for got to ask any of you remeber read titan fairings form the early 70's over there my first 73 kaw 500 i had them on it. tryed to get another set in the 90's from over there but my friend couldnt find am=ny in a junk yard. lol

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 10:28 AM

Good to see you 've got your priorities right about what it takes to be a 'fan' of a rider!
Tell us the pubs you hang out in and I'll make sure I cross the street as I pass.

Codger

January 03, 2013 9:26 AM

@ samas...re me being a Rossi fan, not strictly true. You may have noticed that I defend them all, but I defend Rossi more often because he gets vehement attacks more often.
I'll freely admit to favouring him over Casey, but that's only because I think he would be more fun if he took you down the pub. We'll never see the likes of Stoner again with his 'sheet or bust' riding (unless his young replacement hits the ground running)
I am a big fan of Dani and his latest riding style, sliding the rear, throwing himself off the side, getting out from under Puigs' thumb and all)

Go Dovi, Cal, Rossi, Dani and a couple of others, in that order.

Codger

January 03, 2013 9:15 AM

@ Samas.....If you are talking pre-reverse cone Megaphones then I am with you. 73Mach3 mentions the Benelli, Renzo was one of my all time faves, rode with spectacles on, beat Hailwood and Ago in the pre-season races in Italy, followed my mate round Brands Hatch to learn the circuit on his first visit etc.etc.

@ Yoshi brad, how fickle are the fans, eh? Generally speaking Dani and Jorge get little attention on this site and yet they are the top two in the World. Good to see them getting recognition in this poll.

samas

January 03, 2013 2:05 AM

Cont.
And guys I hope we all still remain GP fans and not lets get petty over whom we admire the most.
I've asked my son on numerous occasions to build me a site that I can converse with like minded GP fans, he says he will but I'm not holding my breath, it's all right for him I build add ons to his house do major renovations. The joys of being a parent Aha at last I got it I never could get interested in racing bikes took him to several meets but he showed no interest however he did pick something up. Life to him is a circuit a one way street his way.
Cheers guys.

samas

January 03, 2013 1:40 AM

@Tetley,Codger,73MACH3.
How nice it is to have a chat like minded people.
I didn't forget any of the above mentioned you guys you all forgot what was in my humble opinion the most important aspect of the golden era the megaphones and the beautiful music they produced.
Why do I call it the golden age?
I've done a bit of research on the only circuit that hasn't changed (well very little)in over 100 years the IOM TT.
First race 1907 the lap record was a little over 38 MPH and as we all know one of my favourite racers Bob Mac 50 years later lapped at over 101 MPH almost three times faster, now lets look at the next 55 years the record today is just over 131MPH less than one third faster than Bob Mac's and as mentioned by 73MACH3 skinny tyres drum brakes etc AND half the cubes. It sure screams out to me.
I know Codger and Tetley are big Rossi fans I believe 73MACH3 is a Stoner or just a GP fan so we do have our differences.
Why do I like Stoner? because he rode the bike no one else could an

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »