MotoGP » MotoGP Rider of the Year vote: Full Results

Your full results for the 2012 Crash.net MotoGP Rider of the Year vote.

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

December 31, 2012 11:45 AM

Codger, you been posting on this site for years now, when will you learn this poll isn't a regurgitated list of the championship order but an overview of peoples opinions on several things such as effort, value for money, results and maybe even style and class.
Now stop your crying, look at what Rossi did with Caseys bike and how he performed with regard to the above criteria... he was lucky to reach 11th!

Wsbk fan - Unregistered

December 31, 2012 11:56 AM

with the biggest fanbase Rossi has around the globe, the results seem a bit unexpected as i believe any of his fans could've voted for him repeatedly under different aliases or different email addresses in order to put him in the top ten list. Well, could it be that his fans have begun to turn their backs on him? Or could it be that they're a lot logical now?
Only God knows
Cheers :D

studs

December 31, 2012 11:59 AM

Hang on Codger... I'm a LONG time Rossi fan and think he truly is the GOAT. I also didn't vote for him within my top ten in this poll... now why wouldn't I? Simply because as it was a RIDER of the YEAR poll, there were 10 other riders I placed above him (IMHO). So, am I a hater now? Well it doesn't make me rate him as a rider any less or decry that he still took 6th in the champ on an old nail... it just means that IMHO, there were 10 more deserving ROTYs. (M1M succinctly nails this concept in the second post in the thread.)

Incidentally, I put Lorenzo at the top and Pedrosa second and still fully stick by that, but I completely understand why some thought Pedro deserved the top spot, which could be argued in a number of areas in terms of ROTY.

By similar tokens, Stoner third seems a bit false. Some serious rider and racing mistakes in the season had me placing him 6th, so for me, I reckon 3 other riders out performed him in ROTY terms this year.

Fanboyism aside (you'll never get ri

samas

December 31, 2012 12:17 PM

Slide rules.
Totally agree with your post.
To me it seemed pretty honest bar Rossi's eleventh. I honestly would have put a couple of the CRT guys above him if one is looking at performance. The GOAT I don't think so.

Codger

December 31, 2012 12:34 PM

Hello Slide...Just responding to Jack B with my opinion.
Not crying either. If I had an agenda I would be more concerned that Dovi didn't get placed higher.

@ Samas...I don't think he's the GOAT either I just think he deserves higher than 11th. If Nicky got 10th then Rossi should be 9th at least. I also think that Alvero deserves higher than he got.

@ Studs...thanks for being gentle with me :)

I didn't realise that the main criteria in voting was whether you're a fan or not. I really thought it was whether you thought they deserved a vote or not.
Then again, I often get things wrong as Slide Rules will tell you.

samas

December 31, 2012 1:30 PM

@Codger.
Everyone seems to miss the point I don't for one micro second believe that Nicky is a better rider than Vale,but I do believe he really tries to punch above his weight and that is the reason a lot of people like he's affable and puts every bit of what talent he has into his racing.
In all fairness Vale didn't I believe it or not picked him as a WC in his first year on 125s and really liked him, but in recent years mostly due to his fans who have eyes for only him and everyone else is an idiot.
As an ardent fan of GP racing since Duke and seen many in my humble opinion over and under rated WCs. Ago comes to mind for many of his WCs he had no competition, even Surtees but he did manage a F1 WC.
Unfortunately between the late 50s and the early 70s the premier class had very little competition, and the standouts were in the 250s.
When one compares Mike the bike against Ago well check out the stats Ago one Hailwood the rest and any who witnessed the 500 Honda like Ducati fast and h

Southerner

December 31, 2012 1:33 PM

Fair enough. Probably the most objective vote in a decade. CRT fuzzed it a bit,but that is to be expected.
I would have ranked Bautista and Dovi higher though,given they had more to adapt to in a short time.

dirfter - Unregistered

December 31, 2012 1:44 PM

y is stoner in 3rd
he was under pressure to perform so that he can catch lorenzo but he failed ad had falls in several races.If not under any pressure its his fault that he crashed in indianpolis with same bike as dani.
If a rider falls and break anything its his fault that he cannot judge bike's limit.So y stoner in 3rd.
by same logic i can say vale is no.1 if he had drove duc like an insane and crashed in evry race from good positions that if he not falls he would have won champ.
probably stone last year was cause of his 3rd position