MotoGP » MotoGP Rider of the Year vote: Full Results

Your full results for the 2012 Crash.net MotoGP Rider of the Year vote.

Intelligent87

January 01, 2013 5:29 AM

I think as fans. Are expectation from rossi were very high but if we compare him with other rider and their bike he deserve to be top 7 or 8.I think voting is more based on expectation or hate then his actual performance so if people on crash are not biased they will agree with me.

drifter - Unregistered

January 01, 2013 6:07 AM

@99Crystal Ball
thats same thing i m trying to say
said those line to prove a point that in racing no-ifs and buts matters only result and consistency.
READ full comment bro..

Sachinmotogp - Unregistered

January 01, 2013 6:24 AM

Dani no.1 i completely agree with that... Rossi 11 hmmm.. May be it shows the dissappointment of fans.. Even i was dissappointed... But i would have put him 8th or 9th... Stoner 3rd ?? Is it Because he crashed while chasing dani at sachenring? Beaten by dovi at catalunya?
Unbelievable performance in italy? Broke his leg? May be because he is the fastest guy in the world on 2 wheels (bwahahahaha)
i would have put him in 5th after dovi and cal... Dissappointed rossi fans put him in 11th.. I guess stoner fans are happy how he finished his carrier.

Tetley

January 01, 2013 11:49 AM

“I've always thought Redman was under rated did you ever see him on the Honda 6? Posted by samas“
I certainly agree- on his day Redman was unbeatable. Yes, I saw (and heard) him on the Honda 6 at Cadwell Park. Using just his 250 Honda, he won the 250 race, won the 350 race , and won the 500, so in the unlimited capacity handicap they set his 250 at the back of the grid, behind all the bigger bikes. He won that, too. In those days the AJS 7Rs, the Matchless G50s and the various Norton singles all had only four gears, and the sound of Redman maxxing unbelievable revs on his 6-speed box was like nothing heard before. Later, in the pits, I got his autograph. His van was an old Austin A55, and he had to take the front wheel off the bike to get it in. Stark contrast to today's scene.
I never heard the Gilera V8, but I have a 1970's Gilera 125 tucked away. I'm 69 this year and still ride about 3000 miles each year on my other (1100cc) bike, mostly with my wife on the back.

samas

January 01, 2013 12:59 PM

@Tetiey.
Yes saw not only Redman but Bryan's Traveri and Hailwood on the Honda 6 and 5 Read and Ivy on the Yamaha V4.
Gilera never made a V8 Moto Guzzi made the V8. from memory a little rusty it was either Fergus Anderson or Bill Lomas that rode the Guzzi V8.
All these GP races I witnessed at the UGP the fastest race in the world. The 62 race I talked about Bob Mac set a lap record 99.99 which no one came near until the birth of the Honda6 and of course the Yam V4.
I used to live just a few miles from Dundrod and rode half the circuit every day to work Ah those were the days.
A little known fact I found out when I was a kid on a pushbike Wheelers while being a slight incline is much faster up hill and I proved it on the off chance it was an optical illusion with a spirit level.
I now live in Oz since 69 and miss my UGP.
If I can I will answer any questions you you may have.
It's nice to know someone remembers the golden years.
Cheers.

Codger

January 01, 2013 3:53 PM

@ Samas and Tetley. I initiated a couple of things and you two have carried on without me. I've had a bit of a sulk but I'm Ok now.

I've enjoyed your posts and you've both come up with things that I would have said. If I can come back in :) I was at Silverstone, in the pits, when Bill and Phil were both Works Yam riders. Ivy approached Reads van and asked phil how much oil to put in the bike. Phil, a hard bar stool, wouldn't tell him. Bill is much missed, unfortunate way to die.
I'm happy that more than one old f-rt still enjoys the sport. I too never heard the V8 (which incidently was Lomas' baby) but vividly remember all the others.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »