MotoGP » Ben Spies: The moment I decided to leave Yamaha

“That was the moment when I decided I wasn't going to ride for Yamaha in 2013” - Ben Spies

Ross Shooter - Unregistered

January 04, 2013 9:52 AM

Would laugh my t its off if this season Rossi suffers from the same level of bad luck.

Not suggesting Lor benefitted in anyway in his negotiations with Tammy and the girls but it would be a funny situation to see Rossi in and Ben would be smiling under that helmet, providing it was not raining and his team put it on right lol

Codger

January 04, 2013 10:08 AM

On his day, and the bike/track/weather is working right, Ben has what it takes. I wish him all the best on his new bike, which he claims will be full Works and with full Works backing.
I had a quiet smile reading the full interview. He closed it with a big pop at Rossi and his team. Time will tell.

Roo Shooter - Unregistered

January 04, 2013 10:26 AM

I think riders need to remember they aren't engineers. They need to ride the bike as hard as they can, give feedback and let the engineers fix it. I'm happy with my decision, with what I'm doing this year- Ben Spies

Hmmm, wonder if Rossi has read this little wip it

alex - Unregistered

January 04, 2013 10:34 AM

Same old story, in two years time Spies will be riding a WSBK. Respect is out of the question here, moto GP is 5% sport and 95% business. Statements like that are absurd and unprofessional. This new generation of riders behaves, as Rossi has said more than once, like a set of spoiled children. Stoner was simply unbearable, a histerical prima donna who thought that being gifted allowed him to be a rude bore, Pedrosa is as exciting as an alcohol-free beer, Lorenzo revealed himself better in 250cc, when he used to sport a helmet which wrapped his head as a lolly pop, nothing more appropriate for what it was protecting: a sweet head, thick in every imaginable sense... I remember Wayne Gardner and feel like crying.

Johnwaynebobbet - Unregistered

January 04, 2013 10:35 AM

I love the way he makes it sound like he had a choice in the matter!

"That was the moment when I decided I wasn't going to ride for Yamaha in 2013."

Should probably read:

"That was the moment I realised I would not be riding for Yamaha in 2013 as they would not be giving me another contract".

hatta - Unregistered

January 04, 2013 10:44 AM

I think Marc Marquez, should be aware of this situation considering his result in Moto, he must deliver a good result this season otherwise somebody else will take his place. All people praised Spies when he was a superstar in WSBK, people thought he was a future star of MotoGP but MotoGP is a different world. It can turn your world upside down.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »