MotoGP » Ben Spies: The moment I decided to leave Yamaha

“That was the moment when I decided I wasn't going to ride for Yamaha in 2013” - Ben Spies

DJ from TJ - Unregistered

January 04, 2013 7:39 PM

Spies really dissappointed this season, he was more motivated with his cycling team than with Yamaha, his interviews showed no fire or desire in him and his results when not afflicted by back luck showed.
MotoGP isn't a happy friendly place, it is a dog eat dog, eat or get eaten. You show your teeth when theirs are shown.
A perfect example is Pedrosa, the guy was on the way out of Honda, and he didn't say "you guys didn't want me, I'm out" no, he went out and said, "I'm gonna show them... and kicked some serious A$$" The only thing I like about the article was the admission of having the same bike as Jorge, and the he could not ride it as good as him.

shamarone

January 04, 2013 8:26 PM

re: "You fight harder, work harder, prove them wrong and show them what you're made of."

since when are we running olympic foot races...? how does one fight harder with undermined suspension settings...? yamaha supplies the kit, motogp's not "BYOB".

Carmelo loves Lappers - Unregistered

January 04, 2013 10:47 PM

RRRING.
Carmelo- Hola!
Vale- Carmelo I am very unhappy at Ducati and will quit MotoGP and go Rallying unless you get me back on the Yamaha!
Carmelo- Relax Vale I know a guy!
Vale- Alright if you say so. Click.
Beep Beep Beep
Jarvis- Good day!
Carmelo- Lynn I need you to do something for me!

jerginz - Unregistered

January 05, 2013 3:17 AM

yeh crutchlow still has to have either a pole or a win to be considered as good as spies. as of now hes about on the level of bautista and only slightly above bradl. I have a feeling he peaked but I'd be more than happy to have him prove me wrong. Dovi and stoner are out of the way, but he still has to compete with rossi and marquez as well as lorenzo and pedrosa. He better hope the ducati, bradl, or bautista doesn't get competitive this year or he's not going to see the podium again.

Claes

January 05, 2013 5:06 AM

Hi
Nagasuga did well but he rides the bike 24/7, and Yamaha would never hire a slow test rider, because when you drop the times 1-2 sec the bike handles really different, therefor it is paramount that you have fast test riders.
Ben had bad luck as well as average rides, but then take a look at Rossi:)
"Jenky" just because Rossi could not ride fast on the Ducati do not mean that others can:)
Cheers Claes

Claes

January 05, 2013 5:10 AM

Hi
As inside info. Yamaha did not want Rossi, Dorna did (Honda was already busy and said no) and paying Ducati out and most of the money Rossi want to have to ride at Yamaha, call it advertising funds, they believ that just putting Rossi on the podium will make the money back, which is probably true, he is still the most popular guy out there and will always be, fastest??
Relating to Bens performance, if you do not have a good working enviro you do not perform your best, that's it.
Cheers Claes

Codger

January 05, 2013 8:12 AM

@ Claes....With respect, your first version is more correct. Either way it still has to be proved. I think that Nicky has had his chance, Ben will find it difficult to regain his confidence on the Ducati, and Dovi takes his time to adapt to a new bike, by the time he gets it dialled in it the Honda and Yamaha will have moved further ahead.
I want Ducati back in the mix, so with any luck I'll be wrong on all counts.

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  »