MotoGP » Ben Spies: The moment I decided to leave Yamaha

“That was the moment when I decided I wasn't going to ride for Yamaha in 2013” - Ben Spies

Motojunky

January 05, 2013 8:13 AM

This isn't about Rossi, but for all those that keep posting about the collusion and conspiracies. You guys are probably (be honest) the guys that said Rossi "burnt" his bridges at Honda and Yamaha. Well guess what? Yamaha took him back. Why? You will find out in 2013.
And Claes let me re-write your last post.
Hi "Jenky" just because Stoner was the only fast rider on the Ducati, does not mean others can't be.
lol.

moron - Unregistered

January 05, 2013 8:45 AM

trrrring

Jarvis: hello
Vale: errr Jarvis, what aboute eh me coming back-eh
Jarvis: *insert management speak which sweetly implies no, **** off*

trrrrring

Carmelo: hello
Value: errr Carmelo, what aboute eh me going to Yamaka-eh
Carmelo: call you back in five.

trrrring

Jarvis: hello
Cermelo: I have news for you. Vale is coming back to Yamaha. Do you wait it easy or do you want me to ring Yamaha's marketing department first?

trrrring

Value : hello
Jarvis : WELCOME ABOARDDDDDD VALE!!!!!!

moron - Unregistered

January 05, 2013 8:47 AM

trrrring

Jarvis: hello
Vale: errr Jarvis, what aboute eh me coming back-eh
Jarvis: *insert management speak which sweetly implies no, **** off*

trrrrring

Carmelo: hello
Vale: errr Carmelo, what aboute eh me going to Yamaka-eh
Carmelo: call you back in five.

trrrring

Jarvis: hello
Cermelo: I have news for you. Vale is coming back to Yamaha. Do you want it easy or do you want me to ring Yamaha's marketing department first?

trrrring

Vale : hello
Jarvis : WELCOME ABOARDDDDDD VALE!!!!!!

moron - Unregistered

January 05, 2013 8:58 AM

trring

Jarvis: hello
Jorge: It's not acceptable to me. No way.
Jarvis: What?
Jorge: Vale coming back to Yamaha.
Jarvis: relax mate, don't i know that. I sweetly told him to go play with himself.
Jorge: Super cool, I call the shots around here and I'm glad u know it.

trrring
Jorge: hello
Jarvis: Hey Vale will be riding for Yamaha in 2013.
Jorge: What the -
Jarvis: Listen you arrogant lil tweep, if you like your job, and I do love mine, just shut the **** up and go along with what far bigger fish tell you to do!!! Or you'r always welcome to jump to Honda!

moron - Unregistered

January 05, 2013 9:01 AM

trring
Carmelo: hola
Vale: hey Yamaha did confirm my seat. By the way I thought you said you'll call me back in five.
Carmelo: I meant Jarvis will call you back in five.
Vale: ah-hahah bellisima ah-haha

Better out of it! - Unregistered

January 05, 2013 9:25 AM

Remember the statement from Ezpeleta the week before Assen, "I want to assure all his supporters that next year Valentino will be back at the front fighting for the win"

Well despite people pouring scorn on it, I said at the time that this is the guy who runs the show and when he says something will happen, it happens!

The whole Dorna, Rossi, Spies, Yamaha (or whoever at Yamaha was involved) affair was a dirty business and a disgrace to ANY so-called sport.

herewego - Unregistered

January 05, 2013 1:05 PM

These days, it seems your face has to fit regardless of your riding skills! Like it or not, Valentino is Mr. MotoGP and has a massive amount of power, more than any other rider there I would think and rightly so with 9 world titles to his name. It is who you are and what you bring with you that puts you in the top spots. Riding skill and ability are a bonus!!

professor-x - Unregistered

January 05, 2013 1:43 PM

I cant see Dorna letting Dani run away with the show next year. Expect some sort of rule or tire change. Dani is the wild card thats not supposed to be, hes not Marc Marquez, the next MotoGP god, hes not Lorenzo, arch nemesis to Marquez, and hes not Vale. Valentino is just there to fill seats of the yellow fandom who have not become disillusioned, Vale will have better setup/tire life, but he wont be on the best bike, and Lorenzo will get preference courtesy of Jarvis. A shame Honda wouldnt give him a factory bike at Gresini, but to be honest, I dont think Dorna want Honda destroying Yamaha this year.

Dorna need Yamaha vs Honda, and the only thing keeping that the way it is are the current set of tires, and as of now, Jorge will be lucky to get any wins this year.

I cant see how Gresini wouldnt have wanted Rossi, I have to imagine the powers that be needed him at Yamaha, and Ben needed to be shown the door, hated and despised in order to let Vale back in the back door.

Claes

January 05, 2013 3:48 PM

Hi
Face it Dorna is paying for Rossi to be at Yamaha, and Yamaha get free publicity for peanuts, Rossi did burn bridges but if someone paying the guy why should Yamaha turn him back, they'r not rolling in money
Cheers Claes