MotoGP » Ben Spies: The moment I decided to leave Yamaha

“That was the moment when I decided I wasn't going to ride for Yamaha in 2013” - Ben Spies

aussie warrigal - Unregistered

January 05, 2013 11:30 PM

@UncleSam

I am over conspiracy theorists like you. Perhaps you should take your scurrilous allegations directly to the Yamaha Factory Team.

It would be very interesting to see their response.

separated

January 06, 2013 12:40 AM

Remember that race at Valencia where Spies finished his Yamaha career and got on the podium...?

Nope, neither do I. Isn't the fact that Ben had to miss the final two races last year more than enough evidence to show that Yamaha were right in sacking him? Ben's had three seasons on a Yamaha, more than enough for him to show what he can do. Enough is enough, Yamaha can't afford to have him finishing behing the Tech 3s while crashing every other day.

At best, and I put emphasis on at best, Spies has shown he is only a mid-field rider. That's just not good enough for a factory seat. Yamaha will not settle for another Colin Edwards.

UncleSam

January 06, 2013 12:49 AM

@aussie warrigal
I simply pointed to the two comments that stood out most to me from 2012 in regards to Spies and how I interpreted those remarks. I am not saying that I am correct, but there is enough there to raise my suspicions. You are free to disagree, if you like.

Jim Clausen

January 06, 2013 2:00 AM

Judging Spies' ability by his performance at Yamaha would be like judging Rossi's ability by his performance at Ducati. If his confidence is still intact I think you can look forward to some big things from Spies.

separated

January 06, 2013 3:19 AM

"Judging Spies' ability by his performance at Yamaha would be like judging Rossi's ability by his performance at Ducati."

No, not even close. Rossi has beaten Lorenzo 2 out of 3, and the Yamaha is the championship winning bike, where as the Ducati has not won a race in over two years and has only won the championship once...

Roo Shooter - Unregistered

January 06, 2013 7:29 AM

Ben gave up by mid season, only he knows why, just like Rossi gave up mid way through his first season on the Ducai.

It happens but neither are bad rider

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Site abuse removed.

Motojunky

January 06, 2013 8:33 AM

@ Seperated.
Well said buddy.
Getting very boring reading all the crap that gets posted about Ben and Rossi.
Fact is Rossi can win on the Yamaha and Ben could not. Time is short in Moto GP and Ben had 2 years to prove himself.......and didn't. The only question now is, has Rossi still got it, and will MM perform on the Honda. If the answer is yes to only 1 of those questions it we be a better year than 2012. If both are given a yes answer, it will be an awesome year.
Oh and by the way Roo shooter, when exactly did Stoner (the current world champ at the time) announce his retirement? Don't you think it was worth mentioning more than Rossi leaving Ducati? Hells bells Stoner's leaving the sport. Spies and Rossi only switching teams.

« 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  »