MotoGP » Ben Spies: The moment I decided to leave Yamaha

“That was the moment when I decided I wasn't going to ride for Yamaha in 2013” - Ben Spies

THE FAN - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 7:14 AM

It was all the part of the conspiracy to bring Vale back. Uncle Carmelo advised Mr Jarvis to make sure Ben has bad results, food poisoning and tell him not to come to Laguna, his home Grand Prix. Any self respecting guy would quit. everythingz gone as per plan. Perfect..:)

TrumpyCraig - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 7:29 AM

It will be very interesting to see who comes out on top at the end of next year on the Ducati...Dovi, Ben or Nicky, all three are great guys with a lot of talent. Dovi has been on the best machine before with Honda but just never got to the top, Hayden might surprise but Im thinking maybe Ben...just.

Claes

January 03, 2013 7:49 AM

Hi
Fred
I know someone that did the same at the Red factory, but he was not told the same thing, that is bad employee management. I would not work for a boss like that if I did not have to.
John
They get fed in the Yamaha tent so he picked the fish and the other picked the meat?? They do not go to random restaurants before race, after yes!
WOW and I can talk all about the Italian on the Italian bike that just filling up the grid as well:)
and Yamaha was made for Rossi who only can ride a bike that do not need to be ridden:)
Cheers Claes

Wow - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 8:02 AM

Cheers Claes

Well the Rossi you mentioned won WC with aprilia and honda as weel.. of course that bikes were made for Rossi also... and of course just fill up the grid as well

Look at Ben Spies result, pos 6 with satelite yamaha, pos 5 & 10 with factory. What I responded to Alex is now Ducati will do everything to make BS happy ????

Southerner

January 03, 2013 8:11 AM

Spies will have full factory bikes and support like Hayden and Dovi. Max Batolini will be his hand picked engineer. Corse colours, but different sponsorship labels on the two pramac bikes. The full article and interview makes for fascinating reading.
Ben will be far better off this season and the results will be far better than last season,I'm sure.
This move is a better place for him. Concentrate on beating the other Ducati's first and if some Honda and Yamaha scalps are picked up along the way its a bonus.

Tim - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 8:17 AM

Ben undoubtedly has more talent than was on show in 2012, but there can be no doubt that his stock dropped heavily this year. The exact words used by the senior Yamaha employee may be harsh and telling someone you've lost confidence in them may not help, although it would spur some people on to fight back and prove themselves and that could be exactly what Yamaha were trying to do - either way the situation needed bringing to a head. The reality of being paid megabucks is you have to deliver and excuses will not suffice. This is the real world and is the same in any sporting or corporate situation. Having said all that, I hope Ben can turn it around as he is a much better rider than we saw this year and good luck to him - he may need it on that Ducati...

Jiri Simek

January 03, 2013 8:17 AM

Ben, you have been my hero ever since you came to Europe. I will always like you, because I believe you are not just a cool rider, but also a cool person. If things happened at Yamaha as you say, they will soon start loosing... I thought things like that just happen at HRC. Anyway, I really wish you success and hope you get along with the Duc just fine! But I would personally like you in the saddle of the BMW a lot more! GOOD LUCK

InSpeedWeTrust

January 03, 2013 8:52 AM

Yamaha was probably in talks with Rossi to bring him back. There was no room left for Spies then, neither with the Factory nor with Tech 3. So they didn't need the American anymore. That's still not a good reason to treat him like ****.

I wish Ben good luck but I'm not optimistic. We've seen already this kind of statement when a rider says the smoothest bike out there doesn't suit him well, that never ended well.

The style of the Desmo fits Spies better probably but the bike itself must make tremendous progress to give their riders constant opportunities to make decent results against Honda and Yamaha.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »