MotoGP » Ben Spies: The moment I decided to leave Yamaha

“That was the moment when I decided I wasn't going to ride for Yamaha in 2013” - Ben Spies

fair play ? - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 8:57 AM

i am a fan of both spies and jlo, but look at the stats, how many times did jlo's bike break last year 0, how many times did spies's bike break,too many to list, both of the usa rounds ?, some may say it was to give way to another rider (46) possibly, conspiracy maybe?, ps im not a yank im british and a crutchlow fan so im not being nationality biased

Steer - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 9:30 AM

Basicall Spies is confirming that he jumped before he was pushed. After his year, is it any wonder that the team management lost confidence in him? He was impressive in previous seasons, so his abysmal season must hvae been a shock to everyone in the team.

Lets hope he is more comfortable on the Ducati.

wtf - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 10:30 AM

Well what a surprise Ben is slagging off Yamaha and all the fanbois are lapping it up.
He didn't preform and would have lost his job, its not all that surprising.
Now I know everyone will say but his bike this.... and his bike that....Its all rubbish no multi national like Yamaha would deliberately sabotage themselves on the world stage in front of millions of people just to have an excuse to get rid of him thats just crazy!.

jeff1959 - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 10:33 AM

Sounds like the senior manager handled the situation really well the nugget. We all know how well Ben can ride and I hope 2013 will be a good year for him.Get them elbows out Ben!

rogerio.alves@gmail.com - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 10:44 AM

"The Yamaha is a great bike, but it likes a lot of corner speed," Spies said of the M1. "If it moves, if the wheels get out of line, it gets upset.

That helps my (forever unproven) theory that Stoner wouldn't fare as well on a Yamaha. Horse to courses, I say. As I said, an unproven theory.

Al Sim - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 10:57 AM

I really couldn't understand why everybody thought BS wore his underpants over his trousers, yes he is a very good rider but so is every rider in moto GP (they have to be or they wouldn't be there) and yes I agree a severe case of food poisoning is something that can keep you off a bike and bad luck can strike from time to time, but in general Ben Spies just isn't as good as he has been hyped up to be. I like Ben Spies but at the end of the day I find it hard to feel sorry for him when you look at the sheer effort Crutchlow and Dovi put in on satellite bikes and I'll bet his bank balance is pretty healthy after a season with the top factory team.

Sun - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 11:03 AM

@rogerio, that argument is coming from ben spies... whose gp career resumes at one victory and few podiums... stoner has 2 titles, one with a crap bike and the other with a bike very similar with m1... so surely your theory is bad

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »