MotoGP » Ben Spies: The moment I decided to leave Yamaha

“That was the moment when I decided I wasn't going to ride for Yamaha in 2013” - Ben Spies

Filter Comments: All | Registered

DJ From TJ - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 4:17 PM

First I'd like to say that I like Spies, but it is a cry baby attitute to quit a team over some harsh words, was he expecting Larvis to tucking him in bed and bring him soup and flowers? Man up man, you were getting your a$$ handed to you by satellite riders all season long!!! It does not look good on you or your team, it all started going down hill when he thought that the possible advantage he might have had on the 1000 over Lorenzo wasn't there, his confidence went down quick if you don't believe me look up the testing and interviews before the season started. Hopefully he can do good in the duc, not only because I kinda like him but also because it would only make the sport better. Good Luck and man up because if your boss can't tell you to be a 100% ready or don't show up, then you don't belong with the big boys.

Wingsnbeer - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 4:26 PM

I'm not optimistic about Ducati's prospects next year, but that has nothing to do with their riders. I suspect it will be close between Ben & Dovi for top Ducati. I'd give the edge to Dovi simply because I think he wants it more.

IMHO this Ducati move is a stop gap for Ben.

Dug - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 5:17 PM

Be careful what he eats next time? what an idiotic thing to say.

A decent manager of people would never choose to reprimand or criticise an employee when they were sick. Irrespective of results, there is a time and a place for everything.

tikki - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 5:39 PM

I really hope this year is in Ben's favor. Karma is coming to that "executive" who lacks professionalism and I hope Ben is the guy to deliver it via the Ducati.

tcrook21

January 03, 2013 5:40 PM

Its very rare that we get pure honest reflection from Riders. We can debate to infinity about Ben's 2012 season, but I think its also fantastic the we got insight on a major factory team, how to ride an M1, 800 to 1000cc characteristic, riding styles of Stoner,Rossi and Jorge. Also how to ride a Super-bike vs a GP bike. How set up, and feel of traction is so vital, how ride contracts are put together, and an athletes self pride and reaction to a poor season. Awesome article, Thank you Ben Spies.

mike hunt - Unregistered

January 03, 2013 5:45 PM

The fact that some people ignore Spies did under perform, so getting told to pull his finger out is more than fair. Yamaha could have sacked him or demoted him to the tech3 team.
Ducati needed another American rider to assist/ maintain their sales in their biggest market, if he does well expect him to replace Hayden in 2014. If not it'll be back to the USA..

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »