MotoGP » Rossi and Lorenzo: The MotoGP stats so far

How 2013 Factory Yamaha team-mates Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi compare in the premier-class

Bip Bip Run - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 2:06 PM

Reading this website entertains me. I love as it is a bit like watching the pre selection at the X factor when any nutter. Can give his opinion or show he cannot sing. It is priceless....While I only watch and laugh out loud.
There is something comes back every time though. Mid 2007 and by the end of 2007. We have read that Rossi was finished and too old ( yes already in 2007) and the younger guns would have wiped the floor with him.....hum that was interesting although not true as he won another two titles. Plus 85% of season injured and 2 strange years in Ducati. I will watch and enjoy the show me.

A 1

January 07, 2013 2:16 PM

Good bloke in joining us for the auditions then Bip, Bip.

After I perform handstands, bodypopping and singing out of key, pitch and the sort of off timing that Vale missed the podium on 92% of last year(did you like that one!!) Let's get back to more "yo Mamma" with "strange years"?!?!?!?!?! lets change that to "unable to adapt" years and it's been 2 seasons without a win and you claim HE'S STILL the mesiah?

Hit me back with a Good 'un.....

Jimbo79 - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 3:55 PM

All I can say is that I can recall countless unbelievable performances from Rossi right up until he sat on that Ducati then suddenly it all changed. This for me suggests that there is a chance that if the Yamaha sparks back some familiar feelings when he gets back on it in the hopefully dry feb testing then we will once again witness close battling between Vale and Jorge. If the memory of how to ride that machine fast again returns then I don't feel age will be an issue or for that matter the last two seasons, this is because he has something deep inside him that he was born with. He just needs to find and utilise it again, I can't wait to see.

rabcati - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 4:45 PM

I have a feeling Rossi will need to bring it like he did at Leguna 08 and Barca 09 in EVERY race if he is to stand a real chance of the championship. Its a tall order but if anyone can...

Marc - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 5:20 PM

Nothing surprising with these Stats, obviously the last two seasons has hurt Rossi when you start averaging things. For this upcoming season Lorenzo has the advantage as he's coming off a championship season, he's had an over 1 year on this bike that Rossi will have to get used to even if it's based on the previous 800's. I'm sure Lorenzo will try his hardest to show he's better than Rossi at this point in his career and Rossi will be trying hard to show he's not washed up. Hopefully that will translate to a season championship that will be decided on the last lap of the last race. I'm sure Rossi will be better than the haters wish.

rotsa ruck - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 5:21 PM

RE, Lorenzo has 4 titles....if you want to use that math, you have to use it for both sides....Rossi has 9 world championships, 1 in 125, 1 in 250 and 7 in 500 GP/MotoGP.

Ago has 15 but I couldn't give you the break down. He raced 350 and 500 at the same time during multiple seasons. No one races 2 classes during the same season anymore, and the last rider to win a title in 2 classes in a season was Freddie Spencer. IOW, no one is going to do that again.

Rossi will not catch Ago in the number of titles. He'd need another 6 titles to tie him and he doesn't have that many years left to do it. However, he's not far behind in all time wins.

Marc - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 5:41 PM

Rosta if Rossi can get back to his winning ways he has a chance to surpass Ago in number of all time wins. But you are right as no one races two classes in GP anymore it would be tough to win the number of championships Ago did. The two titles in one year did Spencer in as he was never the same afterwards.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »