MotoGP » Rossi and Lorenzo: The MotoGP stats so far

How 2013 Factory Yamaha team-mates Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi compare in the premier-class

jambop - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 6:41 PM

I really do not know why Crash publish these meaning less statistics! You cannot compare Rossi and Lorenzo at all. To compare they would both have to have raced the same number of races over the same number of seasons. If you don't compare the same for same you are simpley selecting snippets of their overall performances.The only way you will possibly be able to compare their stats is when the have finished racing. Lorenzo might have a disaster next season fall off and bust a leg and not win a race that would to make a big difference to his final stats. If for example Lorenzo retires after ten seasons what ten seasons do you use to compare Rossi?

Jimbo79 - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 6:48 PM

Rossi WILL bring the fight to the great Lorenzo. It's just the way he is cut out. So haters, prepare to be silenced, because you're gonna be reminded of just how much of a one off this guy VR is.

J - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 7:03 PM

Ago also has TT titles as well. So Ago was great and no-one else may ever do what he has done.

So even with that said, if we put Rossi as the number 2...JLo is not even close to those records yet.. So I still maintain that while JLo is making history now.. HIS STORY is far from these 2 great men! and we need to give him time to get there before we go pushing him up against Rossi or Ago. Is he the fastest right now?.. probably... but that does not mean Rossi is finished nor can that take away from Rossi's achievements. JL fans see JL demolishing Rossi next year and vice versa... me I just believe that Rossi is still good enough to be world champ (if everything is in its place) whether that happens or not only time will tell.

bronco bama - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 8:07 PM

Im just not seeing rossi becoming a world champ again, too many riders are now in his way. Lorenzo is too consistent, pedrosa has really stepped up recently, not to mention marquez is now here. his glory days are over and I'll bet he doesn't get more than 4 wins this year, any takers???

Bip Bip Run - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 8:11 PM

Ok X-Factor might not be the right example. A1 you are the perfect example of what I was talking about. Britain got talent will be for you...as a stand up comedian. With 36 pages of rather comments. You cannot be knocked down for trying. YOu will be like the one who are coming back again and again and again. But you did not read my post properly.

As my point was he hear often : "Rossi is too old, is finished....the young guns are much faster, much more talented....etc" Didn't read these comments all over the place. I think we do just like in 2007 when Rossi was beaten up by Stoner. Does that makes me part of the "yellow brigade" I am not intending to defense myself. You are entitle to your opinion (no matter how stupid it is) You only bring Rossi hate here whereas I only voice my opinion about racing.

So Facts are in 2007 people did say is was finished.
And Facts are they were wrong.
Question is what about now....it is yet to seeand I cannot wait to see.

And I am sure within your

Worsethanoob - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 8:25 PM

The stats are pretty close arent they,shame rossi did his average no good by joining ducati!
Lorenzo joined motogp on a ready to win bike and hasnt been off it since,like most of the riders his career is planned with his head,not his heart.regardless of that he is a great rider,just not a patch on vale when all is said and done!
This year vale will struggle to best him but really hasnt got a thing to prove.just hope this years racing is better than the last six years!,,,,

m - Unregistered

January 07, 2013 9:01 PM

You know Rossi isnt that old,
Doohan 98 @ 33yrs
Damon Hill 96 F1 @ 36yrs
Mansell 92 F1 @ 39yrs
Fittipaldi 95 (last Cart win) @ 49yrs

Nobody knows till next year what the "old" dog can do :)

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »