MotoGP » Nakamoto talks Stoner, Pedrosa, Marquez and more!

"We held a farewell party for Casey Stoner after Valencia. When the party was over, the two of us stayed on, chatting, and I found I couldn't control my tears... Everyday Casey came up with something new that astonished us" - Shuhei Nakamoto (Honda).

Moe - Unregistered

January 12, 2013 12:29 PM

@Dacron. Stoner was racing for 27 years? What, did he throw his leg over a bike as soon as his mother shot him out? God, you're a dreamer. Get off the bongs!

Espsania - Unregistered

January 12, 2013 1:00 PM

Nakamoto says the 2013 bike that Dani was riding was a much better chasis. That is disrespectful to Dani.
Yes, Stoner ran with the 2012 chassis all season. I was surprised he beat Dani at Laguna Seca with the old chasis. And again in Australia it was unbelievable to see him over 1 second a lap faster than Dani with a broken ankle and the old chasis.
Dani doesn't have that exta something. Let's not forget, Stoner was 4-1 ahead in wins before he broke his ankle during Indy qualifying.

samas

January 12, 2013 1:49 PM

@Lickey.
Yea mate followed quickly with he will always have a bike waiting for him here.
Hardly tears of joy.
Being a cranky auld fella I shed no tears but I'm sure many did.

Pavlos - Unregistered

January 12, 2013 4:09 PM

I really loved how settle he pointed out his riders flaws.

Stoner is the fastest when relaxed and confident. (well that explains why he is leaving motogp, that's no place for relaxing.)

Perdrosa on the other hand is cautious and if he doesn't win this year he never will, in other words a nonwinner.

So now that the ducati weights are off let's see how Rossi is gonna spoil the Honda party, again.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

January 12, 2013 4:10 PM

Good to hear things from the horses mouth.Nakamoto simply states things most of us knew already,but it is nice to have them confirmed.
Especially his view of the tyre change and the 4 kilo weight change AFTER Honda had finished their bike!
If that wasnt done to knobble Honda i will eat my hat.

Alan Bell - Unregistered

January 12, 2013 6:27 PM

Some strange replies here, I think Shuhei is correct about the changes they had to overcome, I realise its the same for everyone but you still need to look for that last 2 or 3% of confidence that the riders need.
Also I believe the Marquez signing is nothing but "we want the best talent"......if you have him you don't have to beat him.

Pizdoff - Unregistered

January 12, 2013 10:34 PM

Great interview but read the warning between the lines -

While the tyre rules stay as they are its a two horse race, or at least a two stables race.

Welcome to the high speed procession 2013.

I'm so excited that for the first time in years I can't recall whose riding the second works Yam.
Mainly because I don't care that much.

I care more that Dorna are trying - and might have succeeded - in slipping a knife in WSBs back to make their dull procession seem exciting by comparison.
Epic fail.

BSB anyone?

Tetley

January 12, 2013 11:13 PM

CS27's ankle has been mentioned often as the reason for not winning. Here's a tweat from Eugene Laverty referring to 25 and 26 Feb 2012 "I was racing with 4 broken bones in my hand and realleonhaslam's ankle was in bits!" All racers have or do or will compete with broken bones. Most don't take three races off.
Nakamoto also complains about the new tyre construction introduced at the start of the 2012 season. Let's not forget the previous years tyres which took so long to warm up and caused so many first lap incidents and injuries, and ultimately took the life of Marco Simoncelli. A change of tyre design was essential, and was welcomed by everyone else. All the teams had the same period of notice. It was just Honda being stubborn that left them behind on prep.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »