MotoGP » Ben Spies 'excited' to join Ducati family

“I am excited to be a part of the Ducati family. This is something I've wanted from the beginning of my racing career” – Ben Spies.

billie_morini - Unregistered

January 16, 2013 10:19 AM

Spies said, “I am excited to be a part of the Ducati family."
Hmmm.
Be careful what you wish for.
Oh, sure it is!
Your new family won't treat you any better than your old family if your racing results are consistent with last year.

Spies said, "This is something I've wanted from the beginning of my racing career”
Hmmmm.
Bull****!
Gotta say what "they" want to hear in management.
You've always wanted to ride the worst factory bike known to Gran Prix?

Codger

January 16, 2013 10:24 AM

I wish Ben luck in this venture. He is a confidence rider and he'll soon lose that with the unpredictable Ducati. He deserves a second chance after the Yamaha problems and I hope he grabs it with both hands. Can't help feeling it will turn into another notch on Ducatis' bed post though.

The bike won't begin to get better until the engine configuration is sorted out, which will need new crankcases at the very least.

Makrus

January 16, 2013 10:29 AM

I cant believe they are still trying to palm off the idea that it was ben's decision to leave Yamaha. IF in fact he did decide to leave, I'm pretty sure it was only due to the fact Yamaha were giving him a nudge in that direction.

Zedd

January 16, 2013 11:33 AM

From what I read it seemed like his lack of results was highlighted to him by Yamaha management and he simply didn't like it. Some people on here have been pushing the idea that management shouldn't talk to riders like that, but in all honesty everyone says that MotoGP is a business and if you can't hack it then get out. Whether he was pushed or not really makes no difference.

I wish him luck at Ducati, he's going to need it.

birtie

January 16, 2013 11:38 AM

why all the hate and negativity.its motorcycle racing. he hasn,t threatened or harmed anyone! you cant put a guy down because he had one bad year.
the guy his pretty awesome to watch as is all the rest of the grid.

Reese

January 16, 2013 12:18 PM

Like a few folks here, I wish the best for him, but can't understand why you'd say you left a FACTORY Yamaha (arguably the number 1 or 2 bike in motoGP). Even the Satellite Yami's are smokin the rest of the field! I seriously hope the races get closer and closer, we need last lap drama!!!!!!

capt mainwaring - Unregistered

January 16, 2013 12:32 PM

most of the US riders build the force field of superiority around them that the stupid fall for (most uk riders and fans).
When someone not playing that game beats them (most spanish and italian riders) They dont like it.
Hope he does ok but has been shown to be nothing special really.

YamahaGYTR

January 16, 2013 12:35 PM

Ben Spies excited to join Ducati family well I hope the bad luck what plagued him at Yamaha does not affect him at Ducati.

I will be so glad if Ben manages to finish races in the top 6 on his Ducati.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »