MotoGP » Ben Spies 'excited' to join Ducati family

“I am excited to be a part of the Ducati family. This is something I've wanted from the beginning of my racing career” – Ben Spies.

TalentFan

January 17, 2013 11:03 AM

Capt Mainwaring from page 1 says "most of the US riders build the force field of superiority around them that the stupid fall for (most uk riders and fans)."
An object lesson in how to blanket-bomb and be offensove to an entire nation.

@ Marc. Funny how you have a pop at Stoner being mentioned by somebody, then suggest a Rossi influenced chassis will be used by Ducati yourself. I seem to recall that your posts are generally very pro-Rossi as well. And this is a Ben Spies thread. Hypocritical much?

Good call - Unregistered

January 17, 2013 11:25 AM

TalentFan. Glad you see marcs coments for what they really are. marc always puts any rider other than Rossi down. He even fails to accept that Rossi himself said the Yamaha is a keep it in line racer while the Ducati likes a bit more hustle. Bens hustle style could be the next one fighting for the last podium place. Or struggle to adapt to it like a few before him have

I hope he does well.

Tetley

January 17, 2013 1:58 PM

"Ben Spies 'excited' to join Ducati family" BUT will Ducati be excited to be joined by Ben's family? It was reported that Yamaha banned Mary Spies from their pits for being "disruptive". I think this may perhaps have been one of the reasons why Ben fell out with Yam management. What will happen in the Red pit ?

jerginz - Unregistered

January 17, 2013 2:38 PM

@wewillsee.. if spies iannone or dovi gets a podium at qatar, they will have accomplished in one night a third of what took rossi two years to do at ducati. and if rossi had the luck that spies had last year, he'll be in for a long season too. Yes spies should have had better results when he did finish races without problems, but more often than not, it was something out of his control.

Marc - Unregistered

January 17, 2013 6:37 PM

Talentless and Bad Call you're both wrong. First, if you've read my posts you'll note that I supported Ben and actually believe he'll probably do better than Hayden on the Duc. Also, based on the article Duc isn't moving away from the chassis or engine changes that were guided by Rossi, so I'm not wrong or hypocritical mentioning it plus Rossi is still in the series and your boy isn't. Plus I make no excuses I'm a
Rossi fan and have never said I'm not. Yes bad call Rossi's riding style obviously didn't coincide with the way the 2011 Duc had to be ridden. Could Ben's style be more appropriate for the Duc, we'll find out shortly. If Ben takes to it well and he's competing for the front that will only be good for the series as long as it's behind Rossi of course.

Robsee - Unregistered

January 17, 2013 6:49 PM

Well I really hope that Ben does well on the Duc, but not this year. I can just imagine all the drivell waiting to be spouted by the fanboys trying to attribute any success to the development work done by their beloved Messiah.
So, do well towards the end of the year and save it for next.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »