MotoGP » Will Ducati win in MotoGP 2013?

Will Andrea Dovizioso, Nicky Hayden, Ben Spies or Andrea Iannone achieve something Valentino Rossi could not - win a MotoGP race for Ducati?

lawrencenunn - Unregistered

January 18, 2013 11:43 AM

I doubt it. This season should be all about finding the design philosophy for 2014 and beyond.

A new frame is needed for sure, one that gives the rider some feedback. I kind of hope they go back to a screamer engine as well, it seemed to get better results. Plus it sounded even better than the Honda does now.

Quick question - why does the M1 have a muffler and the RC213V not have one? Does it give better performance? And I know the Duke didn't use to, but does it at the moment?

terry - Unregistered

January 18, 2013 11:54 AM

Quick question - why does the M1 have a muffler

That was actually Rossi's request the first time round.
Probably to hear where the competition was!

mike - Unregistered

January 18, 2013 11:58 AM

When Rossi requested the muffler / silencer it was in conjunstion with the fact that he didn't wear earplugs. Don't know if he does nowadays. Not comparing myself to any of these guys, but I also prefer to not use earplugs - I find I can hear the rear spinning a fraction of a second before I feel it - hence I've no worries about spinning up :-) Dunno if it's the same for Rossi......Although I must say riding in the snow today will be a bit stressful on the old supersport

TalentFan

January 18, 2013 12:01 PM

Posters are basically saying that Ducati need to buck their ideas up. Maybe they do, but I happen to think thats not entirely fair.

No-one can use a tyre to get around set-up or chassis issues at any tracks, so thats out and the mfr has to do it with development. the problem is...

Honda & Yamaha have fully sorted solutions and massive budgets. Even with more Audi money the testing restrictions are a constraint Ducati cannot overcome. Ask yourselves WHY aren't more mfrs interested in MotoGP? Its because the current rules mean that Yam & Honda get to keep an unassailable advantage.

Unless & until the rules are changed to make it possible for ANY mfr to have a hope in hell of getting competitive then Ducati have a mountain to climb (wearing shorts & sandals).

Win races perhaps, title no - Unregistered

January 18, 2013 12:02 PM

Obviously there's too much pessimism on here. I for one, with the 4 ducs are all factory supported, think that ducati might win races occasionally, not necessarily in the wet. To win the title? Very doubtful, but then again, who knows? Only God. :D

the flying pig - Unregistered

January 18, 2013 12:13 PM

Do pigs fly ?
Not a chance, Rossi couldnt make the dog run, Casey could have killed himself with some of the rides he had to do to make it win.
I just hope this does not finish Dovi's career as the donkey has done with so many riders. Melandri etc

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »