MotoGP » Honda: Marquez can podium on MotoGP debut

"Everybody knows a fast rider is fast from the beginning" – Shuhei Nakamoto, Honda.

Redda Bulla - Unregistered

January 24, 2013 3:28 PM

Because times change mate. That was a time when I believe there was less competition. Now we have Jorge, Vale, Dani, Dovi, Stefan, Alvaro, Cal etc, etc, who are all fast as hell and podium finishers (stefan will be soon). So Marc has it harder than Max did, in my opinion.

Rob - Unregistered

January 24, 2013 3:42 PM

I don't understand why there are so many people still not convinced of his ability. I went to Valencia last year where he made every other rider look like amateurs. Scott Redding always moaning about his weight - where was he? The top riders in moto gp all know how godd he is. I will be surprised if he is not in the title hunt at the end of the year and I think he may even win it. At least 4 race wins for me!

someone - Unregistered

January 24, 2013 3:45 PM

@Redda Bulla

no there's no such 'less competition'.

those year's was the best that the technology can reach not because there was less competition.

i may say those year was less technology than now, that's why today is almost near to perfection lap by lap to win, 1 mistake and your chance to win is almost 0%. get rid all of those rider aids.

Redda Bulla - Unregistered

January 24, 2013 3:56 PM

MotoGP bikes could not run without electronics anymore bud, as sad as it sounds. But actually the racing is better than then, well until the year 2000. Doohan just cleared off the whole time near enough.

herewego - Unregistered

January 24, 2013 3:58 PM

Marquez is good, but his very aggressive style is going to cause problems, I can see it coming! It's all very well barging about,shoving riders off the track in Moto2 and getting away with it relatively easily, but MotoGP will be a different story! Can you see Marquez shoving any of the top riders about without them doing something serious about it? I can't, and Marquez will learn the hard way!

TalentFan

January 24, 2013 4:17 PM

Another non-article and space-filler.

Of couyrse MM could podioum on his debut. On one of only 4 bikes that are 'engineered' to be ahead of the Satellite bikes, then only 1 of his real rivals needs a small mistake and 'Hey Presto' a podium.

And idiots will think that will prove Marquez to be the 2nd coming.

If Marquez WINS the 1st race, THEN he just might be rather special. A 3rd spot on the box won't indicate that on its own.

IMO - Unregistered

January 24, 2013 4:27 PM

I dont' think he'll be pushing other riders off , I'm sure he has already been told he needs to calm down if he wants to make it in motoGP. What he's going to be doing is crash all over the place.

AvTech37

January 24, 2013 5:06 PM

The way that some of you talk about MM, I think you would all be better of at a knitting competition. MM is one of the the most exciting riders to grace MGP in recent years and many of you are already knocking him for being too agressive! I can't believe it!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »