MotoGP » Rossi, Lorenzo talk MotoGP 2013 during Jakarta visit

“I have to be a little quiet and try to understand what my level is with the bike after the first test” – Valentino Rossi.

Stu - Unregistered

January 26, 2013 8:44 AM

If Rossi gets some early results his confidence will just flood back.
It's a shame the Ducati experiment didn't work but I think we might be in for a fantastic season now

bionika - Unregistered

January 26, 2013 10:10 AM

I fully respect Rossi. I think his career has a level never reached by current (or recently retired) riders. Having said that, his time is past. It reached its peak in 2004 and 2005 and after his injuries in 2010 he dropped another level, which is insufficient to beat Lorenzo or Pedrosa in the height of their game.

But I respect guys that continue to try even if the odds are against him.

hell - Unregistered

January 26, 2013 10:15 AM

I think that, more than any of the other guys, Rossi relies on his confidence to be able to win. He never had many obstacles till late so he could always go faster and wilder since everything went his way.

But then Ducati shattered a confidence that already wasn't at its best.

H4KK3R - Unregistered

January 26, 2013 10:45 AM

I think Rossi' s 2 years at Ducati have taught him a few things and made him mature even more as a rider, so he' s gonna come at everybody to prove a point, that being hes a master racer and tactitian.
This season is gonna be a classic !!!

Motojunky

January 26, 2013 10:51 AM

@ hell.
Not many riders I have witnessed, can perform at their best when their confidence is not there. However you are right about Ducati shattering his, along with breaking his leg prior to that, and then loosing your mate you grew up with. Hell the guy has been through a lot, and time will tell if he still has what it takes.
Look forward to what's installed for us.

THE FAN - Unregistered

January 26, 2013 11:14 AM

If his confidence has shattered i dnt think we wud have witnessed Le Mans 2012. That too after Jerez 2011, battling with the same guy whom he wiped out in 2011..now thatz what i call confidence...no dearth in that at all.

Dave - Unregistered

January 26, 2013 12:44 PM

1 agrees. 4 disagree.
"...but even if it does, I won't quit!"

Oh you mean like he did on Ducati!?

Posted by Slow Old 46 - Unregistered (9 hours ago)

...no, I mean like leaving the sport all together because you knew you couldn't match the achievements of those before you...you know, ambition outweighing your talent?

Bond - Unregistered

January 26, 2013 12:55 PM

@...but even if it does, I won't quit!"
Oh you mean like he did on Ducati!?
Posted by Slow Old 46

Stoner left Ducati for Honda.
Rossi left Ducati for Yamaha
Dovi left Yamaha for Ducati
Spies left Yamaha for Ducati

you see a pattern there, according to you they all quit a team for another..

hurr derp, doesnt this happen every season, Riders look for better teams which have better bikes

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »