MotoGP » Rossi, Lorenzo talk MotoGP 2013 during Jakarta visit

“I have to be a little quiet and try to understand what my level is with the bike after the first test” – Valentino Rossi.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Realist

January 26, 2013 6:36 PM

@ THE FAN

Good point! I think all of the "shattered confidence" comments are rubbish. Sure, his confidence was muffled on the Ducati, but when Rossi felt good (generally in wet conditions when the bike felt better, and his dry run as well) on the GP he rode the pants off of it. He's going to feel just fine on the Yamaha. I think testing will allow him enough time to adjust to a more refined machine again. I expect it to take a few races for Rossi to get back into the groove, but then again...he could shock me in Qatar. We'll just have to see! I don't doubt for a minute that he's going to be competitive in 2013.

Crashed Mods - Unregistered

January 26, 2013 11:28 PM

What is it with all the Deleted Post Crash Moderator?

Then you block access so we have to delete the history on your site to start again

Why let us post if you are just going to deleted if YOU disagree with the comments, your becoming a bit of a joke with these actions.

Delete this and I'll simply post it again and agian and again via different sites or just moderate like an adult and not like a one sided fan

Ausrossi

January 27, 2013 3:47 AM

Well said Bond, Casey left Ducati because the bike was going backwards, Rossi thought he could turn it around he couldn't he left. What you expect these guys to stick around on the vague assumption that things will improve 2 years is more than enough time to see a change. I fear that Ducati may change but that is because they got a German on board. Either way neither Casey nor Rossi were quitters because they left Ducati they did it because it was the logical thing to do, and they were good enough riders to get gigs with the two best factory teams.

Sentris - Unregistered

January 27, 2013 11:43 AM

When is the next test?
The suspense is building up and I hope it stays up during the season. We know that Pedrosa and Lorenzo have what it takes to fight for the title nomatter what they do in the next test and we know that Marquez will get there eventually even if he starts slow. What we don't know is how Rossi will fare but, in my mind, everything will be cleared in the next test.

If Rossi has a right pace from the start, he is there. But, if he is more than half a second I don't think he will ever recover that difference. Rossi is too experienced to need more than a test session to get to the his max level.

The next step will tell us all about Rossi. Good or bad.

Vicarious Racer - Unregistered

January 27, 2013 4:03 PM

You never truly know how good you really are until you reach the point where you fail, well that happened at Ducati and he went back to Yamaha (I don't think italians can put their tail between their legs can they?). no shame in that, it's what you do next that counts.
As for podiums, I'm sure there will be a few (best bike, nearly the best rider etc),- another championship?- doubtful, there are at least two spaniards who will influence that outcome.

Yeti - Unregistered

January 28, 2013 6:44 AM

It's easy to see that Rossi has become the great try hard, how can he smile after all the moaning he did about Lornzo and his little hissy fit about its me or him.

Rossi has become the clown of motogp and every real GP fan just laughs at him and his fanboys

Southerner

January 28, 2013 7:39 PM

Looks like George is asking him "How's your shoulder?"
George is a Taurus Bull and it shows. Like 'Black Death', the Cape Buffalo,they always engage you with an eye that suggests...'You owe me money'. The canary is gonna find out.

Southerner

January 28, 2013 7:59 PM

@ Ausrossi,your selective logic defies logic and graveltraps.
All apologies mate. I hope SBK PI shines,this off season is a long one. Maybe the CF Panigale Ducati does well and I hope so actually,just to prove a point. That point being,Ducati lacked a little something between the bars and the pegs,the past 2 seasons GP level,that being their riders. Resting on laurels. Just my take on that took.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »