MotoGP » Stoner leaves door ajar to MotoGP return

Casey Stoner leaves the door ajar on the possibility of one day making a return to MotoGP despite confirming his move to V8 Supercars for the 2013 season

rc212v - Unregistered

January 27, 2013 1:47 PM

To be honest I can't really believe what he's saying. If fans spat at all of them like he's said so why doesn't anyone else complain? It's just strange. Nevertheless this might have happened to him, and I'm very sorry, because those people are not fans, they're b@stards

And as for me I don't agree with Sic point. He died and every true MotoGP fan mourned his death. Marco is still on my mind and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. BUT. Life goes on. We miss him a lot. Everyone has its own way to accept this tragic loss. If people don't show they mourn that doesn't mean they really don't. Remember Sykesy and Joan, so many people blamed him for being indifferent. So Casey has no right to judge people and we don't have the right to judge him.

enough - Unregistered

January 27, 2013 1:48 PM

I understand Stoner's motives for retiring, but he was in the highly priviledged position of being a 2 time World champion and backed by a Spanish sponsor and the most powerful team in the paddock, Honda. If he wanted things to change he should have stayed and fought for the changes - which MotoGP needs - even if it meant butting heads with the establishment. Sometimes even sports need their Norma Rae.

Pro.R - Unregistered

January 27, 2013 2:14 PM

I or 99.9/ of riders can only dream of riding
the best bikes traveling all over the world
making millions being champion in the
highest category being adored by millions.
Retiring before age 40 in a mansion
without doing all the labor that we do
for basically retiring right before we die.
Casey is a spoilt little kid. He has never
matured mentally to handle the down
times. After Laguna he crashed and lost two years in a row. He always blamed moaned.

nom nom - Unregistered

January 27, 2013 2:19 PM

Whilst I deplore the actions of idiots spitting and trying to knock Stoner off his paddock scooter (both completely unneccessary and uncalled for) I have to wonder why these actions were only levelled at one person only? I know of no other rider who attracted this sort of reception. I would also point out that it seemed ok for CS to let fly with kicks and punches at opponents ON THE TRACK during practices and qualifying and his general attitude of moaning and sullenness towards fans attempting to obtain autographs,etc (which I witnessed first hand) also did himself no favours.

rogerio.alves@gmail.com - Unregistered

January 27, 2013 2:34 PM

Whatever his current feelings towards MOtogp, it is only natural that if he maintains his competitive attitude and doesn't get great results at V8, to try and satisfy his hunger for victories in the sport where he might do better.

bionika - Unregistered

January 27, 2013 2:42 PM

OK, it is HIS perspective about the Motogp paddock, which he knows millions times better than a guy from the outside like me, but I feel it is much more a view that no other rider shares - at least as gloomey as Stoner's.

Anyway, he despise my job as much as Stoner did his, and if I had half the money he has I would quit my job long ago.

Farewell - Unregistered

January 27, 2013 2:45 PM

@ 99 Crystal Ball "Stoner was actually absent from Marcos funeral because he was spending time with his heavily pregnant wife.Where would YOUR priorities be mate?"

He can leave her to go racing, but not to attend the funeral of a co-worker?

Ben - Unregistered

January 27, 2013 2:57 PM

Rich words from a man who on many occasions showed a lack of respect to his fellow riders. Punching RDP being an example.

Did nothing but moan on and off the track. Incredibly talented and fast rider, but a PR nightmare. I'll miss his girlfriend more than I'll miss him in MotoGP!

Nation - Unregistered

January 27, 2013 3:23 PM

I've seen loads of people say how he moaned too much an' all that, but really he's one of the most honest riders going.
His moaning surely won't be missed but the way he rags a motorbike will be!

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  »