MotoGP » Rossi sets sights on 80th MotoGP win

“A victory would be the 'watershed' moment” – Valentino Rossi.

Bo - Unregistered

January 30, 2013 10:59 PM

@busaboy the last decade? When in the history of motogp or 500 gp for that matter has there been more than 4 serious contenders for the title?

Bo - Unregistered

January 30, 2013 11:04 PM

Pedrosa had an amazing season last year, still can't see him as a contender for the title, if only for the reason that he hasn't managed it up till now, MM seems a very long shot and Rossi I can't see having the fitness anymore, baring injury it's got to be Lorenzo again with the other 3 picking up the scraps!

vicripoll - Unregistered

January 30, 2013 11:51 PM

@ TrueFan

yes Rossi couldn't ride the Ducati like Stoner could. We all heard it the first time.
It's the only thing you seem to post. You seem to be clutching at straws to try and put Rossi down all the time, did Rossi refuse to sign an autograph or for you something *****
EDIT by CRASH.NET:
Removed derogatory remark.

spazzy mcghee - Unregistered

January 30, 2013 11:55 PM

I am a moto gp fan and am un biast to the riders. Honestly i belive rossi can still win races and if he can be a close top two or three in the championship by half way through the season my money will be on him for 2013 champ

TrueFan

January 31, 2013 2:51 AM

I didn't put Rossi down, I simply pointed out that the claim that Rossi destroyed Stoner was BS, which it is.

You agree that Rossi couldn't ride the Ducati like Stoner, and Rossi has said it himself, but Sam is still in gaga land. Maybe in Sam's dreams, Rossi destroys Stoner...maybe in yours too. Just not on a race track on Earth in real life. Sorry the truth hurts you so much. If you don't want the backlash, don't make (or support) stupid claims.

Catch Up - Unregistered

January 31, 2013 4:20 AM

Here are some weight stats from last year.

Dani 51kg
Stoner 58kg
Marquez 59kg
Jorge 65kg
Rossi 67kg

Dont think weight has much to do with winning a championship or races, but if it does it looks like Rossi will finish 4th.

herewego - Unregistered

January 31, 2013 8:30 AM

I agree with LCTanner, the only way to prove just who is a better rider is to put them all on the same bike, same tyres, same everything - what joy would that be!!!! I can bet you who would be up for it and who would rather jump off a bottomless cliff!!! It is never going to happen though so we will just have to continue arguing the hell our of each other - that though my friends is life and what makes it all so much fun!!!

vicripoll - Unregistered

January 31, 2013 8:47 AM

@ TrueFan

On the contrary, when Rossi announced he was going to Ducati my first thought was that's a big mistake and I was proved right, I wish he could have swallowed his pride and stayed at Yamaha. I knew he wouldn't be able to make it work because his style is too engrained on bikes that handle very differently. And on the Stoner thing I new the guy had talent and he won me a lot of money, when he was on the red bull KTM in 2004 I placed a bet on him to be motogp world champ in three years and I cleaned up.

another round - Unregistered

January 31, 2013 9:00 AM

2013, the nutshell version...

Pedro vs. Lorenzo. Title goes to he-who-can keep it rubber-side down (the most). Micro-Spaniard= WC in the Spaniard-based/biased series (duh!).

VR vs. MM. Hopefully the Doc punks the punk.

Cal vs. Stefan. Slight edge to the Britt.

Alv' vs the Ducaudi squad. Fastest Duc remains to be seen...

CRT. No comment.