MotoGP » Rossi sets sights on 80th MotoGP win

“A victory would be the 'watershed' moment” – Valentino Rossi.

prof-x - Unregistered

January 28, 2013 4:08 PM

Seeing Rossi get a win on a Suzuki or Ducati would be much more impressive than with a bike that seems to have had an edge provided for it courtesy of Bridgestone. Its obvious Dorna want Marquez to take over the reigns, so his chances of getting wins will start to wilt, especially after this year is done. Last time Rossi won a real championship was back in 2005 (with all his clout.) Ever since then its been on a control tire.

The more I think about it, the more I have to admire what Nicky Hayden achieved in 2006. Would be nice to see some 'real' competition in MotoGP, but we all know thats not going to happen, and the sport will continue to drown in 'control' this and 'control' that in order to 'manage' fan's expectations.

prof-x - Unregistered

January 28, 2013 4:11 PM

2008 was the beginning of the 'control' tyre btw. Even though it was mandated for everyone else in 2009. If you know what I mean :) Cant let superior riders win in MotoGP ya know.

vicripoll - Unregistered

January 28, 2013 4:31 PM

@ Truefan

I do apologise that my internet IQ isn't up to you're superior knowledge but this is the only forum I go on. I like doing other things like going outdoors and enjoying myself, not gritting my teeth at computer screen all day, It's been bad weather today so I came on this forum, but thanks for showiing me the error of my ways.

Steve - Unregistered

January 28, 2013 7:24 PM

In 2007 after two year of not wining the world championship some people on here said Rossi was finished then look what happened 2 back to back championships Rossi can bounce back he did not get on with the Ducati but to say he will never win a race again is just foolish.

another round - Unregistered

January 28, 2013 7:32 PM

He's going to win a race... might only be one this year, but he will get a victory. And podiums are a definite. How could he not? This bike wins, plain and simple. Even The Tech boys were getting up there last year on a regular basis... is Cal or Dovi better? I think not. They may have caught up but they are not superior riders in comparison. He may have Marquez as a threat to those podium finishes but there is no way that kid is smarter than the 'Doc.... VR can, on the right machine, out fox damn near anybody. I hope he gets in that kids head and makes him cry LOLOL!!!

another round - Unregistered

January 28, 2013 7:36 PM

That pic of Rossi is great... for those that followed AMA, when Scott Russel got that evil grin, dudes had to watch out. When Rossi gets that super-stoked / sh!t eating grin, it's the same thing. Love it.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

January 28, 2013 7:38 PM

You dont seem to have very high expectations mate.Only one victory in 18 races for the guy touted as the GOAT riding the championship winning bike!
If he only wins one race this year,serious questions will be asked.

lean two

January 28, 2013 7:43 PM

I expect VR will podium by Jerez if not win a race...

The new Austin track will favor power over agility but seeing as its new to all riders, its anybody's race, I'm thinking Pedro on the top step there, but Jerez for sure we will see Rossi podium if not win it... one thing is for certain its gona be great seeing MM and him battle it out that's for sure....

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »