MotoGP » Rossi sets sights on 80th MotoGP win

“A victory would be the 'watershed' moment” – Valentino Rossi.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

January 29, 2013 3:02 AM

YRT never wanted Rossi back, you can read it anywhere motoGP news is reported. Yamahas marketing department saw it's opportunity to capitalise on his popularity in the developing Asian markets, that's why Spies was squeezed out, it had little to do with his PAST results, 'history' is the key word and his placement in the team puts clouds over the credibility of an already ailing series.

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

January 29, 2013 3:38 AM

Spies should have been gone regardless, I'm under no illusion of that but there's no way Rossi earned that spot.
I know exactly how sport works and I while people continue to accept that personalities and money rule sports, then nothing will change.
Is it a coincedence that motoGP rarely has 3 possible winners over a season? If we keep filling spots with people who don't earn them with results, we won't see the new Stoners or Rossis come through and that's my issue with the Rossi gravy train.

Motojunky

January 29, 2013 4:30 AM

@ S. Rules.
Fair enough I accept your response, but do you also accept that it the way it is , don't blame Rossi. I for one think Bradl should have got Stoners seat, but there you go, politics at it's best.
Cheers.

weaksauce - Unregistered

January 29, 2013 4:52 AM

"a victory would be a watershed moment for me"... he'll be on arguably the best bike next year I speak for everyone when I say I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if he doesn't get like 5 wins at LEAST. Hard to believe this guy was a former 7time world champ. With a statement like that it's time to start calling him CAPIrossi.

Motojunky

January 29, 2013 6:08 AM

Weaksauce.
Your not speaking for me that's for sure.
The guy hasn't been on a bike that he felt comfortable with, and has not been racing at the pointy end because of that. He therefore does not know if he can cut the mustard after 2 years in oblivion racing the also rans. Only 1 week to go and we will all get an idea of what he's capable of.
Can't wait.

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

January 29, 2013 8:25 AM

Motojunky, I can't accept that he is without blame and to believe he has been an unwilling participant is ludicrous.
I'm interested in your take on the Ezpeletas news from June last year, with him magically knowing that the Italian would be on a competitive bike in 2013?
June! Not even half way through the season.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »