MotoGP » Moto2: Redding confident of title challenge

'In Moto2 this is my fourth year, and I feel like I should be at the top of my game now. This year for me is really critical and I want to make everything go absolutely perfect' - Scott Redding

Realfan 10 - Unregistered

January 30, 2013 8:15 PM

Scott is a better bet than the kid on the Tech3 Yamaha..

Good luck this year Scott you have improved every year provided the bike is not a pig.. show the doubters what you are capable of. Good Luck mate..

mark - Unregistered

January 30, 2013 9:07 PM

Scott has been brilliant despite being way behind on top speed and acceleration. Now the minimum weight has been introduced watch the podiums rack up. Bloody exciting rider. All the best for the coming year.

Cubikrube

January 30, 2013 10:35 PM

I think the minimum weight thing is negligible tbh, from what i remember it's not a massive amount. Got my finger's crossed though as i believe in Scott's talent and ability on a bike. He should of been in GP by now and his size isn't helping in Moto2.
Got everything crossed for him and can't wait for the season to start :)

Makrus

January 30, 2013 11:07 PM

What with all this powers that be helping pol bullsh*t, are you serious?
I'm confused as to why you watch the sport if you believe it is rigged up so the champ is named before the lights go out on the first race of the season. he raced well last year he finished second in the championship so really he is obviously the favourite.
Back on topic I have a feeling redding will notch up a win this year as far as a bid for the championship only time will tell.

herewego - Unregistered

January 31, 2013 8:08 AM

The sooner Scott gets into MotoGP the better! His size is one of the factors he suffers so much in Moto2 as he definately has the skill and talent to win more races. I hope this year will his last in this group and that he will be snapped up for the big league then he can really let rip!! Scott to me is a talent wasting away on a bike that is clearly not suited to both his size and his ability! We have still not seen what this lad is capable of I'm certain of that!

herewego - Unregistered

January 31, 2013 8:12 AM

Also, Scott has personality! He is a charactor! He isn't a "robot" rider! Scott Redding hit the race track in 2007 in Quatar and blew just about everybody away - he was that good. Scott Redding is the kind of lad this dreary sport needs- he knows how to have fun!!

TalentFan

January 31, 2013 12:06 PM

Even with the weight limit, that's not enough to make a big difference. You could see SR over-riding the bike and pounding the tyres to try and make up for the acceleration and deceleration deficit of his size and weight.
If he wins a race and does well in M2 overall then I think he'll have been exceptional.
He doesn't have the passport of the backing to get a good MotoGP ride, and his size means he has little chance of blowing them all away to make him a 'must have' in a really good MotoGP team.
I think Scott would have a better chance of showing what he can do & wins on a Superbike tbh.

Ray Goodyear - Unregistered

January 31, 2013 2:59 PM

He still needs to win something. Hes not that big ! We are not talking Geoff Capes on a moped here. Look at Wil Hartog for example. Won a lot of races on 250,s as well as RG500s and dont forget the RG was probably putting out less than a Moto 2 bike. There are many other examples of bigger riders - Hartog sprung to mind first.
BSB or WSBK for Redding