MotoGP » Simon disagrees with Stoner

Julian Simon disagrees with Casey Stoner's recent comments on MotoGP.

blue hurricane - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 5:08 PM

"few good friends not a flock of foolish geep(the cross between a sheep and a goat)hanging on his every word."

samas - I was lmao when I ready that from you. Especially coming from you. Oh no Stoner has a flock of geeps, you, starvos, crystal balls, dacron... I could go on and on.
You are just as bad as Rossis dummy fans - your panties have a different color thats all..

RaceFan - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 5:12 PM

@TrueFan

You need to change your name to 27Fan. Why? Because you are one of these people that bleat on about yellow "Sheep" and constantly look down on Rossi fans saying they believe his every word etc (sometimes you are right!). But, you, Crystal 99 etc do EXACTLYwhat you sneer at with Casey. Most of the world (i.e not just Rossi fans but even World Championship riders) see him as a brilliant and talented rider with a crap attitude, but his fans see him as a brilliant and talented rider that "speaks the truth". Can you not possibly see the irony???

TrueFan

February 02, 2013 5:30 PM

@race fan - you might actually be surprised to know that I don't really care about Stoner, but I think he knows how to ride a race bike. I just find the stupidity of some comments on here entertaining.

I particularly like the fact that this thread is notionally about Julian Simon, but no-one could care less about him. They only want to express outrage at Stoner. If I was Stoner, I'd be laughing at these people...

Brolong22

February 02, 2013 5:50 PM

@truefan

so to use your logic, if simon can't comment on stoner because he has not won as much as him, perhaps you can enlighten us on how many 125cc titles you have to your name to back up your opinion of simon.......

(here's a clue, simon has 1, saves you the trouble of googling him)

RaceFan - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 5:55 PM

No TrueFan. You are being dishonest. You hate Rossi. Fair enough. You are entitled to. But PLEASE never try to be seen as an impartial "True Fan". Julian Simon was an amazing 125cc racer (plus a nice, polite and respectful guy) and his opinion holds far more weight than yours or mine ever will. Rossi's success was a "myth" (you said it!). Was it? Not down to any sort of talent? Just special treatment? (You said it). Full of ****e mate, just like we all are (notice how I said "we" as anyone who posts on Crash.net are basically a bunch of collective wayne cars). We all need to get out on our bikes more!

TrueFan

February 02, 2013 6:08 PM

@Brolong22 No, to use my logic, no-one cares about his riding. There is no-one commenting on here about Simon in the context of his riding or his prospects. He mentions Stoner, and the hate fest begins.

@race fan Yes I'm annoyed with Rossi these days, because I'm a Ducati fan...which is a bias I've previously declared. Some of Rossi's fans are unbelieveable. If he never rode the Ducati, I'd still be singing his praises. I like his riding, but I think he talks a lot of BS these days, mostly PR speak. I would have liked him to actually conquer the Ducati. It's a fast bike, it's just obviously a handful to ride. We do need to ride our bikes more though.

RaceFan - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 6:30 PM

@ TrueFan

You are annoyed with Rossi these days? Some of his fans? He talks a lot of BS and PR speak?

Mate. It's Sunday tomorrow. Get up early, put your gear on and go for a RIDE! Try and remember how good it feels to ride a motorcycle again. You will forget nerdy motorcycle forums like this in an instant and then feel a tad embarrassed that you post on here at all. I do (sorry "we" do) a lot! EVERY MotoGP rider is a hero.

loobyloo - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 7:44 PM

I like that another rider chose to say what they think, right or wrong. We praise Stoner, Edwards or Crutchlow for doing the same.

Hope Simon does better this season, he still has a good bike at Italtrans after riding for Blusens and Aspar, he was a great 125cc rider and he hasn't been quite the same since his horrific crash at the Catalan GP in 2011.

Loved him at Le Mans in the wet last year when he pushed his bike to the finish, must have taken some effort mentally and physically!

Dr GP - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 8:12 PM

@ Stavros. Sooooo BORING and repetitive getting these stats out again and again. The one stat that you don't mention in your post is that there is also a common theme amongst all of them (JL, VR & CS) - THEY ALL WON 2 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN THAT TIME. Remember championships? They're the thing all the riders are racing to try to win each weekend.

Back on topic this is not about which rider is best it is about two things 1. Simon probably misinterpreting Casey's quote and 2. a large number of people feeling Casey's quote was another example of his entitlement complex, which ultimately may well have led to him leaving the sport. If you are interested look entitlement up on Wikipedia.

« 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »