MotoGP » Simon disagrees with Stoner

Julian Simon disagrees with Casey Stoner's recent comments on MotoGP.

Tetley

February 02, 2013 8:27 PM

"I suppose what I'm getting at is that Simon should keep his comments to himself. Posted by Codger"
Sorry mate, but if that should apply to Simon, it should also apply to ALL the other riders, their team mates, and you and me and everyone here. Surely everyone has a right to express their opinion. People defend CS27 (sorry- CS00 for 2013) for speaking his mind, and the same opportunity should extend to everyone.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 9:28 PM

For some reason my reply to mike on page one was deleted so i will repeat it.You say people want to see biff and barge.
Well i will remind people of that when they start complaining about Marquez biff and barge riding style.

loobyloo - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 9:59 PM

As a side note but still relevant: it may be of interest to note, especially fans of the Ducati,for those doubting his talent that Simon tested for Ducati in 2010 on the GP10 at Jerez and managed to get his time to within just 1.6s of the then lap record.

Not bad for one go on a tricky to master motorbike.

Still entitled to speak his mind regardless of talent, that's why we are lucky to have free speech and comment here as we see fit,not everyone has that luxury!

Codger

February 02, 2013 10:13 PM

@ prof-x....A little harsh on me there, I think. I was actually defending Stoner, and used an example of his to illustrate how easy it is to get him wrong. I didn't say that I thought he was wrong. Obviously that went over your head.

If you really think that Marco had time to think about things as he fell off....well I'm speechless.

Maybe I should not have suggested that Simon shouldn't have spoken, so I'll give you that one. I couldn't help thinking that he was misreading what was said and if he had kept quiet then there wouldn't be all this controversy.

prof-y - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 10:32 PM

"@ prof-x....A little harsh on me there, I think. I was actually defending Stoner, and used an example of his to illustrate how easy it is to get him wrong. I didn't say that I thought he was wrong. Obviously that went over your head"

Nah you weren't wrong Codger. Was just the reaction you get from an obsessive fan that calls people who follow the Itaian rider "blinkered" but doesn't see the contradiction in her rants. We all knew what you meant.

Stavros - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 11:46 PM

@ Dr GP

If it's so boring, why did you bring it up in the first place? I was just rebutting your view that 'Sometimes Rossi won, sometimes Stoner and Lorenzo won' suggesting the wins were somewhat equal, when in fact Stoner has many more wins on the board over the same period. It's true that they all have the same titles over that time, but that's not what you were saying. (It's also true that Stoner spent 6 years of that 7 year period on a satellite bike and a Ducati, and he won the only 2 non Yamaha titles in the 800cc era)

« 10 11 12 13 14 15  »