MotoGP » Simon disagrees with Stoner

Julian Simon disagrees with Casey Stoner's recent comments on MotoGP.

Well - Unregistered

February 01, 2013 1:32 PM

Well, by these comments this Simon bloke, a moto2 rider, does not wants Stoner to return to Motogp ... ,
Why give this story any air time, perhaps crash net doesn't want him to return either. This media denigration is exactly why stoner retired...

herewego - Unregistered

February 01, 2013 1:33 PM

What planet is Casey Stoner living on??? Nobody has forgotten any of the riders who lost their lives so what makes Stoner say this? Also, "biff and barge" have nothing to do with it, so again, why say the accidents were to do with riders battling each other!! Casey Stoner never seems to engage his brain before opening his mouth and this is where all the problems start. I am pleased another rider has aired his views and contradicted Stoner as I am sick to death of listening to what Casey Stoner thinks all the time, all the issues he has, all the problems he has to endure, the reasons he retired, the reasons he might come back, the this, the that and the other!!! I am sick of Casey Stoner - he has gone so we don't need to keep hearing what he still thinks!!!!!Why the hell did he ever get into racing as he somehow doesn't get it at all!!!!!!

me - Unregistered

February 01, 2013 2:04 PM

As usual it'll be interesting to watch how the comments being posted and the agree and disagree counts with them change when the Australian users come online.

The thing to remember is he wasn't named Stoner The Moaner by accident.
I say this every time but he really reminds me of Ronnie o Sullivan - incredibly talented but but a bit of a bell end.
Fans of both say they respect them for speaking their minds, where as I dislike them because of how they think.

TrueFan

February 01, 2013 2:06 PM

4 agree. 3 disagree.
Yes, I as a fan wanna see BIFF AND BARGE and I am not ashamed of it. If Stoner can't handle it, he has full right to retire and never come back. However, for me it's a pleasant thing, that his seat is taken over by a spectacular fighter, not by another moaner.
Posted by jimmy - Unregistered (2 hours 39 minutes ago)

That's precisely what Stoner was talking about. He didn't say that Simoncelli was fogotten, just that the dangers they face were forgotten by idiots like this armchair cowboy. I doubt jimmy's good enough for "BIFF AND BARGE" at 300 kph. He should be a moto-dispatch rider. He'll get plenty of it on the road. But he's probably a bit ASPD.

Gunasekaran - Unregistered

February 01, 2013 2:12 PM

Who speaks about safety,, stoner..?? Funny, is he ever capable of talking about this...? Safety first victory next is the unsaid norm of motor sport, pushing to the limits with a perfect bike is sensible, but pushing too hard with under performing bike is just such a big non-sense,, that's what he did on ducati, that's why only he won on that like no one else, putting life on line to win,, he can't talk with people to get a good bike and maintain man machine stability going in race... He can't handle heat of fans and media, he was just racing where there were lots more to do, never cared about relationship with fans.. That's why he is a failure despite his ducati crown

Dr GP - Unregistered

February 01, 2013 3:02 PM

@TrueFan
I don't think you can claim the moral high ground when you have posted on the thread too...by definition they own you too.
I am sick of the baiting on and by Crash. I am also sick of hearing about Casey's comments which, although I am sure they are presented by the journo's to trigger a reaction, are either incredibly ill considered in their wording or just disrespectful. Although he was a fast great rider, what Casey illustrates time and time again is that he has no concept of what makes a "sport" in that it is not just about competing and winning, but fans, media, sponsorship, publicity and close fights. There are numerous reports of his rudeness to fans and those racing in support classes. As someone slogging my guts out for a decent living, I find his constant criticism of the sport that made him enough money to retire at 27 disgraceful and given that is the way he feels I am glad he has left.

samas

February 01, 2013 3:22 PM

It does pay to register after all, I went back through my posts and come up a few interesting facts.
In a post I made the other day I stated it was a good idea to register as you could use your previous posts as a reference and if you done a 180 it was there for all to see.

I used Super Sic as a reference as I seemed to remember a lot of posters saying how dangerous he was and spewing a lot of hatred well today I went back to the the thread

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »