MotoGP » Bradley Smith: The most important test of my life

“I'm both excited and more than a little bit nervous because this a big deal for me. From the first to the last minute of the three days I have to keep my brain switched on and do the business” – Bradley Smith.

chaind

February 02, 2013 3:09 AM

In 78 races MM has 26 wins and 2 championships ---could be another ALIEN. BS has 3 wins in 114 races ---Mid-pack GP racer. The numbers don't lie. There is no comparison. I wish all the racers the best including BS w/ passport! He made the show! Maybe he will beat the odds. But typically you get better in your career and advance. Not advance to maybe better your career.

cassyo

February 02, 2013 5:48 AM

@chaind
While I agree with your last sentences, I will declare it directly ( as Casey Stoner always did) : in order to add more colours in an almost absolute Spaniard motoGP, maybe it's sometimes necessary to get round the merit rule and bring some other nationality riders in the mGP's pinnacle with a hope that such a manoeuvre might resurrect an emulation to some nations, especially to those with some tradition in this sport,eventually.I would like to think that such was the case for Bradley.

cassyo

February 02, 2013 6:21 AM

The story with pushing some nations back to the pinnacle is classic in F1, for instance.It is also applied to some other "new" nations only if those ones has already proved the potential to become regular financial sources in the game (see Russia, India a.s.o.).

Colin Young - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 9:54 AM

Do you guys want this bike to go to another Spaniard or Italian? I'm tired of seeing just a spanish/Italian championship!! Scott will have his time and he will also have to prove himself. There is more to a race than the top 3, motogp needs more equipment for the list of riders waiting, in order to have this you need sponsors and with the talk on this board bad mouthing all aspects of Motogp it's no wonder they stay away, NO MONEY. The riders need to also learn how to speak well enough on TV to get the attention of possible sponsors our commentators too, just listen to how the #1 players in tennis both men and women and the #1 in F1 speak and remember there 1st language is not english. Lots of work to do to get these sponsor and it starts with us supporting all the riders not cutting them up.

Md Zane - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 11:30 AM

Brad got locked into a contract with Tech3 from his 125 days now its time for Herve to honour that and for Brad to prove the faith put into him.

Marquez has belief he can ride the gp bike Brad believes he's gonna learn to ride it,I bet there's gonna be a lot of orange and black plastics poicked up this year.

Brad needs to do race on race improvement this year to get himself into the position that he's beating the Ducatis and mixing it with Bautista Cal and Bradl.,his goal for 2014 is the top bike in the Tech3 garage.

Marquez has the bike to do the job sadly Brad has the No4 Yammy so lets not expect to much

rod99 - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 2:30 PM

philR1

Ah now don't be like that. Look you can have a go but it won't give you any answers, theres nothing special about it , it's outthebox bog standard.

You couldn't stay with me because your not very......hmmm.whats the word,,? Oh yeh .....GOOD

chaind

February 02, 2013 2:38 PM

6 Spanish, 5 Italian, 3 American, 3 UK, 1 French, 1 Australian, 1 Colombian, 1 Czech, 1 Japan, 1 German... of that... 4Spanish, 3 Italians, 2 UK, 2 American, 1 German are on superior equipment. I don't understand how someone comes to an all Spanish class or even Ital-Span. There are a lot of other nationalities there, the key is they aren't as good as the Spanish and Italian riders people are speaking of. I am American, so I long for more American racers, but honestly, would they be more mid-pack racers, you guys want closer racing, yet you want a bunch of slow guys in the field. Sounds like you want to get rid of the Aliens and have a MotoGP class without the top talent. I just wanna see good racing. I don't care about nationality. Racing is what it is all about.

Vince - Unregistered

February 02, 2013 2:44 PM

The flack Bradley Smith is gettin is mostly because he has done nothing to deserve getting a better ride than the likes of Espargaro, Iannone and RDP.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »