MotoGP » 'Big relief' as Rossi banishes doubts at Sepang

"It was a big relief, because after two seasons like this you have a lot of question marks, a lot of doubt" - Valentino Rossi.

JDW

February 05, 2013 1:44 PM

As someone else stated, this is no cause for Rossi or his fans to celebrate, of the 4 top bikes he is firmly FOURTH, and .4 off his teammate which is a very large gap at this leve. MM is up to speed on a bike he has practically never ridder, whereras Rossi has tons of experience. I don't see this cause for celebration, unless you want to see Rossi tooling around in 4th all season long, I hope that is not the case, but if one was to extrapolate testing times as a prediction for the racing season (as people seem to be doing) then it doesn't bode well at all!!

Krix - Unregistered

February 05, 2013 1:44 PM

Rossi is in last place out of the 4 good bikes, 3 tenths off the rest. Nothing to celebrate, but I guess it must be a 'Big relief' not having Casey around.
Posted by Fraud 46 - Unregistered (22 minutes ago)

Remember 2008 and 2009 your idol was beaten twice for wc by the doc

Doctore - Unregistered

February 05, 2013 1:48 PM

Rossi sounds happy, and he actually sais he's been taking it easy today cause it was the first day and that "especially for me the most important thing is the distance to the top by the third day". So if it stays dry, that will be a good indicator of his competitiveness this year.

VR46 - Unregistered

February 05, 2013 1:48 PM

Well well well.... What a great start for the GOAT!
I knew he would be back at the front and given the time Lorenzo and Dani have already had on the 1000 it's very encouraging. Rossi says the bike has improved which provides even more confidence that he can adapt and go faster. Marq has had a good few days in the dry on that Honda as well so I'm sure Rossi has some margin for improvement!

Lets see how the next two days go!

Not as many Rossi haters today! What a suprise! haha. I bet their scathing! Brilliant!

Goo Go Go!!!

JDW

February 05, 2013 1:49 PM

....Rossi is Closer to Bradl, Crutchlow and Bautista than he is to MM, Jlo & Pedro......that should be the obvious tale of these numbers. I hope for the sake of the sport and my own entertainment that this is not the case as the season moves along!!!

Go#46 - Unregistered

February 05, 2013 1:52 PM

@JDW: I would think VR has a different than MM on that. I would guess he takes things slow, and test different settings on the bike, because he wants to see where he is and which setup works best for him. The testing sessions are very few, so just going for broke just to score the best time doesn't worth squat, and Vale knows it. I would guess MM tries to go fast at all costs, just to prove it's up there at the top with the big guns.
And as others already mentioned, starting 4th on the grid was never a problem for Rossi, he scores podiums/wins many times starting 4th or lower.

cuckle - Unregistered

February 05, 2013 1:53 PM

as much as I hate VR as well as his antics,I can't deny the reality of what bike he is on now.So one or two wins is never a dream.But not on Ducati as I expected-it's there written up in the bright sky !

Vilas - Unregistered

February 05, 2013 1:55 PM

My God this is beautifull=).. Holy Sht Man, So many time defending and bealeving that Rossi was not Over and was just a matter of to much problems at Ducati and at the end Rossi prove to me that i was right.. Who thinks that Rossi will not be competitive him 2013 must be insane..ahahah Who say he is a fraud Must Stupid... Was amyzing to wach is performance and the best is yet to come on Battle day RACE DAY BABY..ahahah

GO ROSSI Fight for you Dream of Beat Agostini on the numbers..

46 is a Legende