MotoGP » Livewire rookie Marquez causes Sepang stir

'I thought that I would take a little longer to get back 'on it', but right from the opening laps I felt very comfortable on the bike' - Marc Marquez

Vince - Unregistered

February 05, 2013 3:16 PM

Where are all the Brits complaining about the amount of spanish riders in motogp now. It's about ability not nationality, and in my opinion Espargaro should be on the tech 3 bike.

SLB415 - Unregistered

February 05, 2013 3:12 PM

I like Marqeuz and really think he going to be the next regular podium finisher/race winner/MotoGP World Champion but I've got a funny feeling he is going to launch himself into orbit sooner or later. Lorenzo did it in his first season and Pedrosa still has the fear. And I'll say again what I've said before - Pedrosa will never win a MotoGP Championship, simply hasn't got what it takes.

Joeski

February 05, 2013 2:51 PM

You know...last year this time I argued that MM would win the Moto2 Championship and the kid was special and everyone was arguing...oh he is all hype, one hit wonder etc etc.. Well 1 year later, i think I recognize some of these names on here talking about he will be the next Rossi, my my my how things have change...but that is alright bandwagonist are welcomed!!

To be clear though this test proves he is fast not that he will be the next champ or the next Rossi for that matter. PLEASE keep in mind that in 66 YEARS of World Championship racing only 2 men have accomplished more than 5 world titles..

Ago and Rossi

So while MM has potential the statistics do not favor him, but hell records were meant to be broken!

Tommy - Unregistered

February 05, 2013 2:32 PM

I miss SuperSic#58 (RIP) Would have been fun to see him on his Honda even if I'm a Duc fan. The duc btw seems to have the same issues as last year? I guess yet another hard year... :(

Guna - Unregistered

February 05, 2013 2:29 PM

Too early to call him the next rossi,, but can only be the closest follower of vale in terms of wins and crowns, but rossi is gifted, he is only once in generation kind of legend, can't get to another one equal or better than him for atleast another decade,, still this man marc is promising to put up a stiff challenge

andrew2k

February 05, 2013 2:25 PM

@nikisan

alot of riders been labeled "the next valentino rossi" for them to fall short.

the point i'm trying to make is that while I do believe marquez is a talented rider, one testing location does not give us a clear picture as to how the entire season will play out hence why I'm very cautious when it come MM.

Nikeros - Unregistered

February 05, 2013 2:20 PM

Golly Gee but I hate having all these Spanish midgets riding bikes. Let's put some fat guys with hangovers from last nights footie match on those Hondas and then we will have some real racing.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »