MotoGP » Lap time gets 'interesting' for Valentino Rossi

“Now the lap time starts to be quite interesting” – Valentino Rossi.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Say what!? - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 6:17 PM

"a clear example of an easily irritated and illogical fanatic to partially blame on only tools without balanced share of view points though the rider had said it publicly " I don't want to ride it in they way Casey did "(clearly didn't know what to say for being either afraid,unable,or else).before u jump up on me saying he didn't have anything to prove,why went take ducati challange?for development?-I bet you'd dodgily say YES and then NO.then what was he there with Ducati for?collecting point less than 200 per season.Ducati can't be going against their first brilliant idea of rossi recruitment for development only to ignore him,right?or for wins only to let him settle with midpack position,right?or long term development only to let him run tail b'tween legs without significant results,right?!yellow sun,please enlighten me!"

Erm... are you on drugs? Or was it the keyboard that wrote that all by itself? I cannot for my life decipher what you are trying to say...

Steve - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 6:25 PM

Now Rossi has the bike that he can use the brakes 0.5s will be nothing to him when he is going up the inside of the faster riders on the brakes.

Don-R

February 06, 2013 6:25 PM

As a note of caution, he hasn't yet gone as fast on the M1 as he managed to do on the Duke at this same test last year (a time of 2'08)

I should think he'd want to be quite a bit faster on the Yamaha to be really satisfied?

R6Ryder - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 6:30 PM

@fast, faster and fastest. What u say is true. I'm sure 1fast lap is nobody's "main" goal in a test. based on overall "pace" he is looking better than overall lap time. I'm not saying he is gonna go out and win every race . But I think it's likely Marquez will take time before he can run with dani and Jorge for an entire race which will surely put VR in contention for podiums. Looking at the lap times I think it's Jorge Lorenzo who looked the most consistent.

Marc - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 6:30 PM

Happy rider plus happy team of techs and chief mechanic equals more production. While Rossi obviously needs to improve to catch or pass the 3 in front I think that his gap is more manageable this year. But I've got to admit MM, while on the better bike, is riding impressively as a freshman on Motogp. Should be an interesting season if the gap between the top 4 remain close.

Marc - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 6:39 PM

I still think that Rossi is dealing with a confidence issue but as he gets more comfortable on the new bike (for him) and if he can continue to reduce his gap to the front runners it should improve his confidence and his results. While I'm not near the same stratosphere in my riding/racing to guys like Rossi I know with crashes or poor results my confidence goes down until I string together some positive results. I believe he can do just that. We'll see as the racing starts.

R6 Ryder - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 6:41 PM

@donR . I think it's easily understood that track conditions vary from time to time. He is closer to the front in overall lap time and pace. Another thing is that in last years maylasia test he lapped closer to the front than he did for the majority of the rest of the season. I expect his consistency to be a lot better on the M1 so I don't think he will be bouncing around from .7-2.0 sec off pace. He will keep whatever the gap is more consistently.

Md Zane - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 6:44 PM

Rossi confirmed that he wants a seamless shift gearbox and is “pushing” Yamaha to get it, but “we don't know if it will arrive or not”.
Well nothing changed there then,still wanting more and better toys.

Would have preferred an up and coming rider on the Yam because I don't think Valis upto it no more,yes he may win 1 or 2 races this year but he aint gonna mount a title challange or challange Agos race win count so I can't see the point of him taking up a good seat,spose it'll keep his fans happy, and god will we know about it if he ever wins a race.

Marc - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 6:55 PM

R6 good points on consistency and if you factor comfort and improved confidence as his gap reduces then we should at least see glimpses of Rossi past.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »