MotoGP » 'Full lean ahead' for Marquez at Sepang

“I'm just concentrating on my riding style. I haven't arrived at the limit of the bike...” – Marc Marquez.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

dane - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 2:41 PM

oh boy...that extreme lean angle reminds me of a certain champion aussie! so glad someone such as the immensely talented Marquez has hoped on Caseys bike and doing it proud!! scary to think he hasnt even found the limit yet!

rogerio.alves@gmail.com - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 2:48 PM

He is delivering all he promised and more. I know he is talented but I wasn't expecting him to be up to par so quickly. He might really fight for victory in his first race (which, ironically, if it happened would mean that MotoGp is easier to adapt than Moto2, since, if you remember well, MM strugled a bit in his first few races, tumbling down quite a lot). But I am getting ahead of myself and he might go according to tradition falling a lot in his first few races and then wining 5 or 6 in a row (that's the way he does it)...

herewego - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 2:49 PM

Since when did the lean angle have anything to do with winning races?? Marquez has to lean right over to get his knee down as his legs are probably shorter than Danny's! Looks to me as his his ar-e is hitting the ground as well!!!!

observer - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 3:29 PM

dani is shorter and lighter than Marquez.When you can lean over like that at 200kms plus and not fall off let us know.Appreciate talent when you see it. if was a picture of rossi you would think that it was brilliant

herewego - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 3:40 PM

observer, I've seen loads of riders lean their bikes over at such an angle,it isn't really anything that special at this level of racing!! Same goes for sliding round corners - people rave about certain riders doing it but let's face it, you wouldn't be in MotoGP if you couldn't do that either!!!

observer - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 3:48 PM

lets get back to the original statement it gets you around the corner faster and gives you a faster exit speed and not all riders can do it.It is the difference between good riders and great riders.I can remember back to the 60's and it has always been the same.

TommyC - Unregistered

February 06, 2013 3:54 PM

I was in Qatar for the first round of 2011 and remember being stunned at how quickly he'd got on the pace with the Moto2 bike so this is a bit of deja vu for me. I'm thoroughly looking forward to this season!