MotoGP » Marquez shakes up Sepang, shrugs off fall

"The bike got a bit nervous under braking, but I still tried to turn in and it was not possible!" - Marc Marquez.

NiklasUK

February 07, 2013 4:22 PM

Very solid consistency bar crash injury this kid is in with a shot of the title, he's only going to get faster. I can see a few crashes coming his way - its part of a rapid learning process, see Jorge in his first year.
Be nice to see some fresh blood mixing it with the old guard.

mike - Unregistered

February 07, 2013 4:56 PM

you should fall off every bike you own at least once, if you don't you're not going fast enough / trying to learn hard enough :-) I'm glad he fell, not out of malice - I like the fact he's learning the limits before points are awarded :-)

mike - Unregistered

February 07, 2013 5:03 PM

I've fallen off every motorbike I've had from age 5 - 30, once and only once, and always felt quicker & more confident afterwards.
I'm not a betting man, in fact I've never placed a bet in my life, but........... WC2013????!!!!! Must be worth a tenner!!!! :-)

DB8

February 07, 2013 5:09 PM

@ Mike - Latest outright odds are

DP - 2/1
JL - 12/5
MM - 4/1
VR - 5/1

I find them very interesting that they have DP above JL as the favorite considering JL is the champion and MM above VR considering the experience gap. Interesting

Mike - Unregistered

February 07, 2013 5:19 PM

DB8:
Even the betting shops know only 4 riders have the right machinery!
Ah well, thought I could make a coupla ton, maybe I should have a flutter on Smith instead seeing as everyone seems to have written him off already!!!

I wonder how the odds have changed since the test began? It looks like the bookies have used day 2 times as the benchmark for the rest of the year at this moment in time?!

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

February 07, 2013 5:24 PM

I agree Mike.The earlier he finds the limits of his machine,the more confident he will be on it when the races start.He will learn what he can and cannot expect from it.And i believe he will be a very quick learner.

Codger

February 07, 2013 9:15 PM

Check out the times for Marquez' last dozen or so laps. Very fast and very consistant.

Dani did a fast lap on his 4th lap, tested a few things and then went home early. Very confident......or over confident?

jfc1 - Unregistered

February 07, 2013 9:23 PM

"you should fall off every bike you own at least once, if you don't you're not going fast enough / trying to learn hard enough " by that logic you should fall all the time because otherwise you're not going fast enough or trying to learn hard enough.

Unfortunately for you the whole point of riding a motorcycle is to get somewhere in one piece.

1 2 3  »