MotoGP » Iannone taking MotoGP in his stride

"The bike for me now is ok, I think the first problem is me because I don't have experience!" - Andrea Iannone.

Wacko - Unregistered

February 11, 2013 5:49 PM

The simultaneous problem/solution is that Iannone has not been on another MotoGP Bike so he has no preconceived notion of what one ought to feel like. He only knows that it feels really fast compared to everything else he has ever ridden and he is going to do whatever he can to adapt to its eccentricities. That's the good part. The other side of that coin is that if he develops bad habits now on an under performing and some would say even dangerous bike it could ruin his potentially very bright career. Hopefully it turns out for the best for him. Because he is sure fun to watch!

rod99 - Unregistered

February 11, 2013 6:18 PM

If you look at how he rides he has increadable feel, I think he is the most likely to find something with this bike in its presant form. Or keep touching on it's limit and not pushing past it because of all that feel same as what VR did.

Anon - Unregistered

February 11, 2013 8:25 PM

@Wacko - Good point there, I hope Ducati sort themselves out because too many good riders have looked average on that bike. How on Earth did they lure the likes of Dovi, Rossi, Spies and Hayden?

Anarki - Unregistered

February 11, 2013 8:46 PM

I'm a big fan of Andrea and i think he's pretty quick, but also he's a very good racer which is always a plus for me. To me, he proved it especially in Catalunya, but also in Mugello last year. He should take it easy, he's got a lot to learn and he's only benchmark should be other ducatis, so will see, he can be some fresh blood in gps in next few years.

rogerio.alves@gmail.com - Unregistered

February 11, 2013 8:51 PM

Well, his task is tougher than Marc Marquez since the Ducati is way worse to adapt. Still I thought that Iannonne was a clever choice from Ducati as his wild style might adapt well to this idiosincratic bike. maybe he reserves us a surprise later on...

Obez - Unregistered

February 11, 2013 10:05 PM

Shame such a talented rider is consigned to mediocrity by that dog of a bike!

I'm just at a complete loss as to how Casey managed to tame that beast.

Kudos to him and what a loss to Motogp!

I'm not a Casey fan at all but the facts speak for themselves, he was an absolute monster talent and will be sorely missed this year.

How much better and more competitive would Ianone have been on a yamaha or a Honda??

gremlin - Unregistered

February 11, 2013 11:06 PM

I really hope Iannone and Spies can come up with something on this bike to make it work. As much as it seems taming the Ducati is all about riding style, I guess that's only one part of it. To me, Iannone's riding style resembles a lot to Rossi's, which makes me a bit worried, but I still hope he can be fast.

stavros - Unregistered

February 12, 2013 1:03 AM

@ sweeble + wacko

Guys we've been over this before. De Puniet HAS ridden the Ducati and was just as mediocre as every other Ducati rider bar Stoner. This myth that the Ducati suits a type of rider needs to be dispelled once and for all. Nicky is an original American ex dirt tracker and he's no better than anyone else. Stoner was aggressive but also precise but also had fantastic feel. This is what set him apart not just on the Ducati but the Honda as well, there is no certain type of style that's going to make the Ducati work, you just have to be ridiculously talented.

Same hours for the 'he's young and doesn't know any better theory', we've been there before with Kallio Canepa, Abraham etc and it doesn't make any difference.

« 1 2 3  »