MotoGP » Dovizioso on Ducati: The bad point is now

“There is not one big problem and if we fix that we can fight for victory” – Andrea Dovizioso.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

February 21, 2013 2:24 PM

Dave,yet again you are wrong.Stoner is not my hero.I am just a fan of his.Take a look at my user name.There is a little clue there as to my favourite rider.
But you are so blinkered you never spotted it.

Dave - Unregistered

February 21, 2013 3:02 AM

@99,

Are you and slide one in the same? If not, you both have trouble dealing with the fact your hero has come and gone without been able to match the stats & achievments of the guy you hate with a passion.

Deal with it or you will never be able to move on...

Realist

February 20, 2013 11:45 PM

@ 99 Crystal Ball

What you implied was enough. You didn't have to state anything overtly. It's not about my "favoritie rider" - which I have a few of, including Pedrosa - not winning a race on the Ducati. I have been watching GP since 1994-95. I'm not a way-fare fan. I have seen these riders come up through the ranks and I'm a fan of many of them.

red 5 - Unregistered

February 20, 2013 8:00 PM

i am sick and tired of hearing that if stoner was on the duc he would be winning this and winning that ,,he left ducatti because there was no development no improvment ,he went to honda which was a winning bike and won the championship.the next year the presure got to him and he cracked so much so he retired from the sport,so please dont keep telling me what stoner would be doing on the ducatti.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

February 20, 2013 4:06 PM

Realist.Did i say that i based the entirity of a riders talent on his ability to ride a Ducati?
But it is so easy for you to suggest so just because your favourite rider failed to win a single race on one.Just my opinion!

Realist

February 19, 2013 8:51 PM

@ 99 Crystal Ball

I suppose that matters if you weigh the entirety of a riders talent on their Ducati stint. MotoGP is far larger than the ability to ride the Ducati. Just my opinion!

Codger

February 19, 2013 4:27 PM

As to the constant comparisons between Rossi and the retiree... Hayden is the common denominator. His performances on the Ducati have fallen some what, but in truth they have remained (like the Ducati) static, simply because the Japanese bikes have left them behind.
The development Engineers haven't listened to ANY of their riders, so they've stagnated.
I like Nicky, although you can't escape the fact that Casey beat him by OVER riding the Ducati and Rossi beat him by UNDER riding it. Pushing means crashing.

This year there is a rumour that a new engine will appear mid season. Until it does then Dovi will be top rider.

If a new engine does appear we may see a return to a CF frame. Wouldn't that be something?

Codger

February 19, 2013 4:15 PM

With reference to Ago's often mentioned 15 Titles. 7 (seven) of them were on a 350cc machine. Now, being old, my memory is not what it used to be but I don't recall any of the current riders appearing in many 350cc races.

Roman - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 4:50 AM

The Ducati was only ever genuinely competitive in 2007 as a result of it's superior acceleration. The almighty Casey Stoner crashed more and won less every season thereafter. If Casey Stoner could've won more championships on that pos he would have. If Casey Stoner could win more championships he would have.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »