MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: I hadn't forgotten how to ride

"I was quite sure that after two bad seasons I hadn't forgotten how to ride. But the way to ride the bike has changed very much" - Valentino Rossi.

Sam - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 11:29 PM

@99 Crystal Ball

Empty as always!! I am very much sure that you don't carry much knowledge about the sport. "only 4 bikes capable of winning" lol It won't be long till you disappear or change your voice here. Just ask Jorge, " This bike is even better than when Vale left, so it will be even easier for him. You will not lose talent ...etc" There was no dramatic change on the current M1, I remember when Jorge tried another version of M1( His own version) he failed badly and dismissed it, he said the old bike(chassis/engine) is the bike for him to ride, plus Yamaha will never it so dramatically since Mr Furusawa is not around anymore( go figure why!!). It will take Rossi at max Two races to get back to his old level and Jorge already knows it. and for Honda boys are being faster, lol It is the bike that makes Honda boys faster, Both Honda lads are nowhere near Vale/Jorge's talent. 2013-2014 will be shared between Jorge and Vale for sure.

Sam - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 11:15 PM

@fighting for 4th or 5th

No disrespect to Cal, but do you really believe in what you said?? You think Cal can ever beat Vale on factory M1??? Dovi is nowhere near Rossi's talent and abilities, but he is one super smooth front end late braker rider. Last year I could see how difficult is for Cal to overcome Dovi's late braking. It is more than impossible for Cal to beat late brakers because he is from a different world just like Ben Spies, Nicky Hayden. Plus he is not a consistent rider and usually falls when under pressure. Do you remember Laguna 2008, hot much faster Casey was?? and Vale managed to stay in front of him and finally made him make mistake. or Catalunya 2009 against Jorge(the second best late braker)?? remember the last corner?

Ratdeal - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 11:15 PM

@ shamarone

re: if you consider the 4 championships he's already won on a bike that was designed around him it bodes well for the future.

Well lets consider the vast changes to tyre construction and the fact the man hasn't ridden the bike in 2 years. You clearly disregard the fact that I was referring to that fact he has only tested the current iteration of the M1 twice. Sure the bike WAS designed around him. But clearly significant changes to the bike have been made since then. He may have won 4 championships upon the M1, but he rode around on an uncompetitive and dynamically inconsistent Ducati for 2 years whilst his old team mate won consistently, and subsequently developed his old bike. I don't think I said anything that is worthy of reproach or criticism in my first post though I may be wrong. I would hazard a guess that as a package the current M1 is probably quite different to his original machine?

Sam - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 11:03 PM

Vale is the most consistent rider around. People call Jorge is metronomic consistent, but they forgot the fact that Jorge's consistency is because he learned from Rossi. Rossi is the most consistent ever if you have followed him for the past 12 years. Rossi is consistent like an atomic clock!! He'll bring it to them. Remember he is only one tenth behind Jorge and after 2 horrible years at Ducati.

stavros - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 10:58 PM

"The riding styles of the top guys, Stoner, Lorenzo, and Pedrosa, are very coherent to 2008 and 2009."

I find this comment odd. Stoner and Lorenzo have very different styles, Lorenzo using lots of electronics with very high corner speed, where Stoner uses very little electronics and squares off the corners, so I'm not sure what sort of 'style' Rossi is referring to..

shamarone

February 19, 2013 8:19 PM

re: "if you consider his limited time on the M1, this can only bode well for the future."

jerginz - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 8:11 PM

@99cb, and in if jlo and rossi were on the tech3's with smith and crutch being on the factory bikes, would the factory bikes still be the only ones capable of winning? You are seriously telling me that if they swapped bikes, only smith/crutchlow would be winning??? I don't care how you look at it, the difference in bike specification is not as great as the difference in talent, my friend. The best riders are on the factory bikes because of their talent, they are not the best because of the bikes.

Realaty of the Game - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 8:03 PM

Aim with Sam.. Rossi is just making is role!! He know how good Lorenzo is, Pedrosa is fast and is a top rider but he allways fail at some point aim afraid he will fail him 2013!! Lorenzo is the corrente World Champion and prove very well is mentalaty and speed abording the races, even when he feel he can t win he take all the points he can and this make him the worst rival possible.. Anyway Rossi knows this very well and allready had is times on track with Lorenzo, there is nothingh diferente on is riding style since 2009, lorenzo had just become a better player of the game.. For me Rossi will be a contender of the World Champion have no doubt about that and also inside for me Rossi will be the world Champion..

Realist

February 19, 2013 8:02 PM

Rossi is very careful with his words. He is careful enough to abdicate to other riders (despite whether or not he truly believes it), and downplay his capability. I personally believe that Rossi is thinking, "Boys, I'm back on a competitive bike, and you better be prepared to bring your A game every single race!" Dani and Jorge are formidable - and I suspect that Marquez will be as well - so this should be a really good season.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »